Bouncer is going to get his head stuck.

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Leanangle, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Leanangle

Leanangle Registered Users

I have been walking Bouncer in my town park since he was 12 weeks old. One of his favorite spots is a footbridge that crosses a big duckpond. Unfortunately he seems to think its a good idea to stick his head through the bridge railings to get closer to the ducks, he is getting a big boy now & I am worried I may have to call the fire brigade soon to get his head unstuck. ::)

He doesnt do it if im watching but as soon as I look away (chatting to other dog owners etc) woosh he jammes his head through.

Any advice?

2. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Re: Bouncer is going to get his head stuck.

Put 999 on speed dial?
    ;D

Sorry, if it was me I would just make sure I didn't linger there, or....get a good sit at my side and focus with a reward at the end before a release??

3. Leanangle

Leanangle Registered Users

[quote author=drjs@5 link=topic=8903.msg126625#msg126625 date=1416947178]
    Put 999 on speed dial?
    ;D
    [/quote]

;)

4. Naya

Naya Registered Users

[quote author=drjs@5 link=topic=8903.msg126625#msg126625 date=1416947178]
    Put 999 on speed dial?
    ;D

Sorry, if it was me I would just make sure I didn't linger there, or....get a good sit at my side and focus with a reward at the end before a release??
    [/quote]

Lol ;D ;D
    I wouldn't stop on the bridge to talk to anyone until he had a good sit and stay

5. JohnG

JohnG Registered Users

I try to never turn my back on my pup when off-lead in the park, and only give any conversation half my attention, with one eyeball clocking what's going on around me! I probably come across half witted and distant but safety first! I worry more about her approaching or being approached by an anti-social dog but it could be anything really.