Breakaway Dog Collar

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by charlie, Jan 5, 2014.

1. charlie

charlie Registered Users

I wonder what you all think of the Breakaway dog collar on www.friendsoffido.co.uk ? I wonder if they are as good as they look. I often watch Hattie jumping in out and of hedgerows and in the woods and think about what if she got caught and I couldn't release her :'(

The only worry with it from what I can see is if your dog was off lead and you needed to restrain them could it pop undone and you are left with a collar and no dog :-\

Any commends much appreciated. Thanks xx :)

2. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Re: Breakaway Dog Collar

Thats a real dilema Helen , to be honest I dont know which is the lesser evil . I guess its a very good collar to use if you are only using it when off lead , so I would use two collars to walk to where I was going and then take the normal one off when time for release , if that makes sense ;)

3. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

I would worry more about it accidentally coming off then having a dog running around with no visible ID.
    It really is a dilemma.
    Do you remember we discussed these before, probably a year or so ago, we were uncertain then too :(

4. MadMudMob

MadMudMob Registered Users

I can see the good side but would worry a dog might jerk it off when on a lead so my paranoia says no.

5. charlie

charlie Registered Users

I do remember Jac and I still can't come up with a suitable, safe solution and it's still a worry especially after nearly losing Hattie & Charlie to collar choking, although they do not wear collars at home but still a dog can become caught on branches etc :'( x