Buying a Lab Puppy

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Bhindiwala, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Bhindiwala

Bhindiwala Registered Users

Hi - i am new to the forum so let me know if this is not the right place for this question. I am looking to buy a yellow male lab puppy and have been overwhelmed with the number of breeders that are out there and how expensive some of them are to buy a lab. Trying to get input if there is a best way to go about it.. Have found a family breeder who has litter once a year so not thorough in all the other things a professional breeder may provide.. Any thoughts are appreciated..

2. sarah@forumHQ

sarah@forumHQ Moderator

Hi there and welcome to the forum!

Buying a puppy or dog for the first time can feel daunting, that's completely normal :)

Take a look at this article on our main site about choosing a Labrador breeder - I hope it helps!

It might be worth bearing in mind that there's been a huge rise in puppy prices in many regions at the moment, due to the pandemic. People living in lockdown have decided it's the time to get a puppy, and many breeders are cashing in on this by inflating their prices by 50% or even 100%!

I hope you find your perfect pup soon though :)

3. J.D

J.D Registered Users

I would say buy from a reputable breeder using health tested dogs.If they are not advertised with the pedigree name ask for them so you can go onto the Kennel Club website and check out the COI of the litter. Anything greatly above the breed standard walk away before you fall in love.

Edp likes this.