Calories for 6 month old puppy

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Andrew Hemsley, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Andrew Hemsley

Andrew Hemsley Registered Users

I have a 6 month old, weighs 36lbs currently, and is on the much smaller side of most of the pups i see on here. Question is, how much is everyone feeding per day?

My vets says 2 cups and/or around 660 calories is what she should be having, it doesn't seem much though and given her slow weight gain (around a pound a week) and constant hunger I feel as though i should maybe try giving her a little more.

Any advice?

[​IMG]

2. Bud Light/Dilly Dilly

Bud Light/Dilly Dilly Registered Users

There is no set amount to what you feed your dog. Every dog is different. You feed them according to how you want them to look. I'm trying to keep my puppy on the lean side, so right now I am feeding my puppy around 2 cups of kibble per day. Then he gets his cheese for walks.

Labs are always hungry, regardless of how much they are fed. My dog would eat anything in front of him, regardless of how much he's eaten.

Your pup looks great in that picture, so I wouldn't change his feeding too much.

John424242 likes this.
  3. Andrew Hemsley

Andrew Hemsley Registered Users

thats great, thanks!

4. WillowA

WillowA Registered Users

If Willow looks a bit lean or is showing hunger more than normal I just up the feed.
    She was on 3 meals a day and was constantly hungry when split 3 ways. Now she is on 2 meals evening and morning feeds is sowly putting weight on and is slower at eating and not gulping it down now.

Andrew Hemsley likes this.