Campylobactor

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by knees78, Oct 9, 2016.

1. knees78

knees78 Registered Users

Does anyone have any experience with this?

How long does it take to get rid of it?

What precautions do you take to risk spreading?

Storm has this and we have an appointment with the vet tomorrow.

The internet is confusing as i read on one article that in a study 21% of healthy dogs were found to carry it so surely it could always be an issue?! Also it said that it is resistant to a lot of antibiotics. Will we even be able to get rid of it.

I'm sure that the vet will fill in some of the blanks tomorrow but I wondered if anyone had any info in the meantime :)

2. FayRose

FayRose Registered Users

Our cocker had this from birth but only diagnosed after several months and several tests. It took over 10 months of abs and constant testing to sort him out. He finally showed 'normal' poos after about 16 months.

It is a tricky thing to clear up if the pup has effectively been born with it like Alfie (cocker) was.

If Storm has been diagnosed and is getting treatment, hopefully he should be ok in a few months time, very best wishes for dear little Storm.

3. knees78

knees78 Registered Users

Thanks @FayRose Will she not be allowed to socialize for a few months. I think we'll both go mad?!

4. FayRose

FayRose Registered Users

Sorry knees, I should have realised Storm is a girl from your other posts ;)