Car crate

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Topi Topaz, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Topi Topaz

Topi Topaz Registered Users

I am after some advice, please; what size of car crate would you recommend? We have a zafira, so plenty of boot space, I am hoping to get a crate which would be fine even for an adult dog. Many thanks x

2. SteffiS

SteffiS Registered Users

I've just spent a couple of weeks researching car crates as we changed cars and my old one wouldn't fit by just a couple of cms (exactly same car just a newer model :rolleyes:).
    Are you looking for a crash tested one? There are quite a few websites to look on and they are quite happy to give advice if you give them a call.
    I'm buying mine from Lintran - I don't know if you are in the UK - but I'm having it custom built so its £££ .

My previous thread about car crates has lots of advice from other forum members, I don't know how to link to it but it should come up in a search.

3. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

I don't use a car crate ( :eek: ) but I think a normal crate that you use in the house (ie perfectly rectangular) is not that great unless you have a huge boot/trunk. We don't usually go terribly far in the car.
    Although the bespoke car crates are expensive, I think they give your dog better room (and are far safer) than just a normal crate.