Car

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Holliesmum, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Holliesmum

Holliesmum Registered Users

Hollie doesn't like the car and shy's away from it but then doesn't want to get out when we stop????

We obviously lift her in and out but any tips would be great

Thanks

2. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Re: Car

Maybe she doesn't like going through the door? Doesn't want to get in if she's out and doesn't want to get out if she's in....

Have you tried using treats to get her to approach and investigate the car when it's stationary?

3. Leanangle

Leanangle Registered Users

Give her the keys ;)

4. lunasmama

lunasmama Registered Users

Luna's nervous about the car as well, too. She's been in the car maybe 5 or 6 times since we brought her home. We have found that she doesn't like being in somebody's lap up front, and that she prefers being in the back seat, especially on my leather seats, and laying/sitting NEXT to my husband or myself.

We've also tried her in there with her crate. She whined a little in there, but then eventually laid down. Every time though... she's sleeping on the way back home from our trips.

Try a travel crate/carrier, see how your pup does with that. If you can't do that, then let them sprawl out some in the back seat.

5. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Gypsy hated the car.

I took her two, very short, journeys a day. It took her 3 weeks, but she got used to it in the end.

Now she loves it, of course - it means lots of interesting adventures!

6. Naya

Naya Registered Users

At 14 months, Harley still isn't really keen on the car. She will go in, but whines for the first few mins, then will settle down, but won't sleep/Luke down unless she has had a long walk :( I've tried everything, just accepted now that this is the way she is.

7. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Charlie howled blue murder the first few times in my car, but not in OH's car, and was as happy as Larry in the back of the Landie from the off. My OH said it was because my little cheap as chips city run about did nothing for Charlie's street cred. Well, serves him right, as he has a Volvo now...