Changing food......

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by weazelbum, Sep 7, 2013.

1. weazelbum

weazelbum Registered Users

Hello!
    Cosmo has been having loose stools on and off for a few days, he's not poorly at all, full of the usual mischief and appetite unaffected. Yesterday, we gave him boiled chicken and white rice. This seems to have sorted him right out so I'm thinking the Chuddleys puppy stuff is not agreeing with him anymore.....My work colleague has a lab a few months older who had exactly the same issue. She changed food and hey presto, all good. I know it usually says to introduce new food gradually, but if he's already exhibiting an intolerance to his current food, should I just do a full on change? Not sure what's the best thing to do.....

2. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Re: Changing food......

I know that all the advice is to do a gradual change, but as you say , his food is causing problems plus he has already had a change of food with the chicken and rice . So , if it were me , I would put him straight onto the new food , or even half and half of the new food with the chicken and rice . As the old food is obviously causing tummy upsets , I would ditch it totally, lots of luck and hope Cosmo will be better with the new diet :)

3. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

Re: Changing food......

If we've had to go down the chicken and rice route (which we have on several occasions :eek:) we do exactly what Kate described and put him back on kibble gradually anyway so you could change him over at that point. Hope his new food suits him better. We've settled on our third try so it can take some trial and error.

:)