Changing to Adult Food.

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Leanangle, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Leanangle

Leanangle Registered Users

Bouncer is now 7 months & 8 days old. I recently noticed that he has been off his puppy food not gobling it up like he used to & sometimes not even touching it at all. I didnt notice any other behavioral changes so wasnt to worried about him being ill, it seemed more that he had grown out of the puppy food.
    On thursday I took the plunge & bought a big bag of adult food for him.
    I decided to be a bit cautious & gave him his first meal half puppy foood mixed with half adult food. He went beserk & hooverd up the adult food in seconds, but HE LEFT ALL OF THE PUPPY FOOD in his bowl. How he managed that I have no idea. I tried mixing it a few more times but always the same result, Adult food dematerialised, Puppy food left alone.

I have now taken the plunge & gave him his first 100% adult food breakfast. Which dissapeared imidiatly. I am back to poo monitoring to see if it upsets his tum.
    I think he will be fine as he seems to be able to eat anything with no ill effects.

::)

2. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Re: Changing to Adult Food.

Fingers crossed his tummy is ok. Some dogs will be fine with a quick changeover of food, hopefully Bouncer is one of those :D

3. chrism

chrism Registered Users

Is that the age when change over should be made ? just curious.

4. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

They are truly funny creatures :D

[quote author=chrism link=topic=10042.msg146781#msg146781 date=1425223676]
    Is that the age when change over should be made ? just curious.
    [/quote]
    I think it depends on the food. Some keep the same "puppy/junior" food up to 18 months but a lot are around a year.
    It shoud say on the packet I think. Or check out the brand website.

5. Leanangle

So far so good, no deli belly, but as has been stated by myself before I seem to have a dog that can litraly eat anything & be ok.

6. Leanangle

Still all ok, I think Bouncer is one of those dogs with an iron constitution.