Charlie is VERY clingy

Discussion in 'Labrador Behavior' started by charlie, May 28, 2018.

1. charlie

charlie Registered Users

I'm not sure what's going on today but Charlie is very clingy with me, following me everywhere, wedged up against me right now, when I go to the kitchen for a cuppa he's following me across the kitchen and back, laying under the table on my feet, waiting outside the loo. Literally following my every step like a shadow and needs to be touching me. I can't think what could be wrong. I am worried, any ideas please? :( xx

2. Atemas

Atemas Registered Users

You haven’t had a thunderstorm that’s spooked him? I know some areas of the UK have had violent thunder, lightening and rain. Just a thought.

charlie and Stacia like this.
  3. MF

MF Registered Users

It’s worrying when they behave out of the ordinary. Has he had any medication or flea/tick/worm tablets?

I hope it passes and all is well.

charlie likes this.
  4. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

That was my first thought too thunder. Even if you can't hear it he might be able too or the atmospheric pressure sets them off too. Or he's sick or had some other fright? Hope he's ok xx

charlie likes this.
  5. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Fear of the thunder could explain his strange behaviour, he does sound scared of something. Is he well in himself, eating etc?

charlie likes this.
  6. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

I used to think Belle could feel the thunder - or feel the electricity in the air. She didn't seem afraid as such, but was unable to settle.
    Are you OK, Helen? Could he be sensing you being ill, upset, worried, anything like that? I would think Charlie is very close and in tune with you given all the training & hence bonding you've done with him.

charlie, SwampDonkey and selina27 like this.
  7. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Hopefully it’s just the weather changes. Is he eating / drinking / playing like normal? X

charlie likes this.
  8. Anne123

Anne123 Registered Users

Is he having problems with the heat? Here in Holland it is very warm, 30 degrees and very humid. Finn is having problems with this. Also the threat of thunder and lightning which is very close to us. He is uncomfortable, try every single spot to get some cooling. We have a cool house, but he is restless...

charlie likes this.
  9. selina27

selina27 Registered Users

Agree this was my first thought, or as others have said , thunder in the air, Cassie seems a little subdued.

10. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

I think weather too Helen , I always have a headache when its thundery , even if it doesn't thunder , dogs must be the same ? x

charlie likes this.
  11. Karen

Karen Registered Users

How is Charlie doing today Helen? Hope he's back to normal.

charlie likes this.
  12. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Was wondering myself.....hope is more like himself today...x

charlie likes this.
  13. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Thanks for your thoughts everyone, I appreciate it. Well no storms, it's not been hot, he is eating/drinking, exercising as normal, I am not ill as far as I know. David was in France for a few days but he travels quite a bit so that wouldn't be it. I have been a little stressed but who isn't. @edzbird we are close so maybe he has picked up on my stress levels. We have a full house as it's half term and Uni has finished so he has all his family around him. He has picked up over the last few day so I am none the wiser. Just so happy he seems OK. :) xx