1. WELCOME

To join the conversation, please register. It only takes a minute!

Christmas tree

Discussion in 'Christmas Gifts' started by drjs@5, Nov 22, 2015.

1. drjs@5

drjs@5 Supporting Member Forum Supporter

2. Naya

Naya Supporting Member Forum Supporter

That's not a Christmas tree.......its large sticks

3. Beanwood

Beanwood Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Err....I can just see it now....the whole thing disappears into Benson's crate....him in the corner looking smug, as his crate is lit up like Blackpool illuminations....:)

4. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Good grief :eek::eek: A tad too flimsy for us , Sam would knock that over in seconds ;)

5. charlie

charlie Registered Users

It looks good for retrieving!! :D x

6. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Ooh, sparkly twigs, Juno would love those to play with :D

7. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Well no Labrador house should be without one then! I've got one similar,it's not my main tree but I call it my Narnia tree....it will be going up next weekend!cant wait! X

8. Bruer

Bruer Registered Users

It would last all of 2 minutes at our house! We have got our reindeer ears ready for his Christmas photo not sure whether we will get a photo with him wearing them or eating them lol..

9. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Angela, NO, NO, NO trees, stop mentioning Christmas I haven't bought a single thing so any day now I will be in Christmas panic mode aswell as having Thomas' 16th Birthday beginning of December and Graces' 21st End of December!! :eek: xx

10. Dexter

I was in Lakeland today and it had a pack of dress up for your dog for,photos....it's going in Dexter's stocking,prepare yourselves for an onslaught of photos of Dexter wearing comedy spectacles,and bow ties! X

11. Dexter

Omg Helen....you have just made me hyperventilate! My rule is shopping done by end of Oct,wrapping done by end of Nov and decs up for Dec 1st.....I'm surprised I haven't been punched in the face to be honest....

12. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Are you serious about Christmas shopping etc? The trouble I have is I can't do Christmas until Thomas has had his Birthday or it just wouldn't be right but the real excuse is I'm just never organised for Christmas which is weird because I am in every other area of life! xx

Can't wait to see Dexter pics!! x

13. Dexter

Oh I'm serious all right! I shop all year round for Christmas!My cards have already gone!
    You've got a big year in your house Helen,somemlovelymoccasions to celebrate,don't be thinking about Christmas...I bet it always gets done doesn't it

14. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Oh yes it always gets done and we always have a great time even if I am hunting around for a real Christmas tree that goes up Christmas week :eek: My family know what I'm like and are in no doubt I will pull if off even presents for Hattie & Charlie x x

15. Cath

Cath Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Well my OH birthday is Christmas Eve :eek: I do my presents in November, food in December.

16. charlie

charlie Registered Users

OK, OK it's me I'm a terrible Christmas organiser and I think the whole season is over rated too so there :p;):) x

17. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

I do love Christmas, just not all the faff leading up to it. :rolleyes: It's a nice winter holiday.

Amazon Prime next day delivery was invented so it is not necessary to think about Christmas until the 21st December. And if you never send Christmas cards, people stop expecting to get them and stop sending you any (I have been known to open Christmas cards in February and then only to rip my address off before putting them in the recycling). :D

18. Dexter

In my defence ....living in Doobs brings everything forward as a lot of people travel to be with their families over the holiday....hence I'm going to my first Christmas Party on Thursday so I have to have my resents bought and wrapped to give out......I've got to say thought I would probably still be a Premature Christmas Pain regardless ! On line shopping has revolutionised the whole process though....if I lived in the uk I'd do it all on line.....

19. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

I've done all my shopping, wrapping etc but that's only because I only buy for family and I had to leave it all in the UK. We're very "bah humbug" and don't decorate or buy each other gifts. It's just too much hassle. I always cook Christmas dinner for about 25-30 people at a friend's chalet because everyone else is out working (ski school) and so we're not home on Christmas Day anyway, so it seems pointless decorating the house.

It makes me feel cross just thinking about Christmas. All that money spent on crap no-one actually wants. I keep suggesting that we (the family) forgo gifts and just spend the money on ourselves, getting things we will actually find useful, but no-one else agree with me. Bah, humbug!

20. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Dexter We know you buy and write your Christmas cards in August. You have no defence. :D:D:D