Clicker Training Bow, Middle & Stand

Discussion in 'Clicker Training' started by charlie, Sep 8, 2017.

1. charlie

charlie Registered Users

As the weather is awful today, pouring with rain I got my clicker and treats out much to Charlie's great excitement. I am training a bow just for fun which he got in a matter of a few clicks. Hattie has an instant stand on cue but I have never trained it for Charlie as there has been bigger fish to fry with my boy :rolleyes: I lured him into a stand from the bow C&T again he got this no problem which I hope this is the right way to do this? Please yell if it isn't! I think it was @edzbird that said how useful 'middle' is so we did that too. No problem :) Charlie is a lot brighter than I sometimes give him credit for. He is now crashed out having worn his little brain out :D Need to think of some more things to train. xxx

Stacia, edzbird, selina27 and 4 others like this.
  2. Atemas

Atemas Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Red loves doing middle and I have used it several times in 'emergency' type situations so it has a very practical use too. :)

selina27 and charlie like this.
  3. Beanwood

Beanwood Moderator Forum Supporter

I need to train middle as well...just can't remember where I put the DVD,,,it was on absolute dogs I think?

charlie likes this.
  4. snowbunny

snowbunny Administrator Forum Supporter

Yep. You have the "Leash Off, Game On" DVD, I think? It may be on there. I've watched so many aD videos now, I can't remember what's on where :D

I trained it differently to how they do it, anyway. Just lured them and then faked the lure, as normal. I proof the release like they do, though, throwing food on the floor in front of the dog and then releasing them to it.

Beanwood likes this.
  5. Lara

Lara Registered Users

What is 'middle'?

6. snowbunny

7. Lara

Lara Registered Users

Thanks! That looks nice :) a good way to tuck them out of the way for a moment in a place where they feel safe. It kind of looks similar to my 'weave' training at the moment!

snowbunny likes this.
  8. lucky_dog

lucky_dog Registered Users

Lucky likes middle too! He has started trying to push his head between my legs at other times though - I am waiting, patiently, for him to give up on this!

snowbunny and selina27 like this.
  9. edzbird

edzbird Supporting Member Forum Supporter

it's definitely on the Leash off Game on video. Coco tries is at other times too @lucky_dog , I have to remember to stand with my legs together, he's less likely then, though I do sometimes get a nudge in the back of the knees.

lucky_dog and selina27 like this.
  10. drjs@5

drjs@5 Moderator Forum Supporter

A good trick for the challenges?

charlie and snowbunny like this.
  11. snowbunny

Sure, why not next month? Maybe we can have a month of mini challenges, as middle doesn't really take all that long to teach, but it is good fun :)

charlie likes this.