Clickers ?

Discussion in 'Clicker Training' started by Jen, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Jen

Jen Registered Users

Just a quick question about the different types of clicker.

The clicker I got when I started the clicker training was a simple box one that Pippa recommended. As this clicking thing is going so well (hope I haven't spoken too soon but this morning they both did sit stay when my sister came in they usually go wild for her !!!!) I thought I should get a couple more, a spare and another coat pocket one. Wouldn't want to be without now ! ;D

Looking on amazon I could get a pack of 3 Karen Pryor i clickers, the ones with the button, for the price of 2 box clickers. My question is because they make a different noise, supposed to be quieter, would they need 'charging' and might it cause the dogs confusion using 2 types, or maybe I'm over thinking this. :eek:

Jen :D

2. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

Re: Clickers ?

Maybe, but it is a fair question :)

I have never bothered to 'charge' clickers because they are a different make/type. I think you'll find your dogs will respond just the same to any clicker now.

3. heidrun

heidrun Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Same here, I have got all sorts of different clickers. My favourite ones are the brightly coloured ones with a button and a stretchy wristband. :D

4. Puppypal

Puppypal Registered Users

[quote author=heidrun link=topic=3145.msg33481#msg33481 date=1383492446]
    Same here, I have got all sorts of different clickers. My favourite ones are the brightly coloured ones with a button and a stretchy wristband. :D
    [/quote]

They are also my favourite ones.

I have all sorts of clickers, and once i have done the initial charging i have no problems, i do find that barley responds to some clickers more than others and the same with puzzle, but she responds better to quieter ones and barley responds better to louder ones. I have a whizzclick, multi clicker, a couple of box clickers and 2 button clickers.

5. Jen

Jen Registered Users

Thank you all.

The pack of 3 are brightly coloured button ones with stretchy wrist bands. I quite fancied having a go with these as sometimes with the box one I press the wrong end if I'm doing it quick whilst getting it out of my pocket. ???

6. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

I've wondered about this too. The only kind available in the stores here was the one with the button and a wrist strap. I love the wrist strap! However my clicker is now buttonless as when I was out on day my daughter was using it and somehow Simba ate the button.... ::)