Collars....

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by jojo, Oct 16, 2015.

1. jojo

jojo Registered Users

looking some advice!!
    As Piper is already wearing a whelping collar I'm going to get her a new one asap. Theres one i have my eye on, only its to order online. i didn't take a tape with me today and completely forgot to ask. What size should i be looking for her? they come in 7"-9", 8"-10",9"-11" etc. anyone just got there pup and been sensible and measured....? Piper is the biggest in the litter and almost 10lbs xx

2. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Sorry can't help much on neck sizes as I just bought one of the basic puppy collar and lead sets for Juno like this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rosewood-Sof...=puppy+collars

The collar is fully adjustable so no worrying about length required until she was a bit older. I used to put the collar on Juno to take her out for toileting and used to leave the lead on indoors for a little while so that she got used to it before going out for "proper" walks. They grow so quickly though that what fits one week is too small the next.

3. jojo

jojo Registered Users

i might just leave her whelping collar on until she actually needs one/it gets too small, its an adjustable one too. And to be fair she's had enough spent on her on she's not even home!!:rolleyes:

4. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Red Dingo do great collars :)

5. jojo

jojo Registered Users

I saw those today as well Mags, they do wee harnesses to match as well!
    right enough now because I'm already on a website going 'ahhhh' 'ooooh' she'd look lovely in that....lol:rolleyes: so i bought my boy a new leather slip collar in his colours. credit card slowly melting.....

6. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

I rather like this website, and drool over some of the collars.
    Scrufts' Puppy Dog Collars
    (Although NOT the puppy ones before anyone else takes that as an opportunity........)

7. jojo

jojo Registered Users

You evil woman!!! They're GORGEOUS!!! Oh no, I may get the credit card back out......... This puppy dog is going to be as ruined as Rocco!!

8. Emily

Emily Registered Users

Hehe every time I stepped into the house in the weeks leading up to bringing Ella home my OH would ask to see what I'd bought! I just couldn't help myself! We bought ROGZ collars for Ella. The size we bought for her when she came home was Medium (the ROGZ snake size - for adult pug, Jack Russell, Maltese poodle etc.) and this lasted a couple of months.