1. WELCOME

To join the conversation, please register. It only takes a minute!

Condensation under dog bed

Discussion in 'Products for dogs & their owners' started by Ruth Buckley, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Ruth Buckley

Ruth Buckley Registered Users

Recently got rid of the Loki's crate as we hadn't shut the door on it in over a year.
    He's sleeping on a nest of vet bed but I've noticed a lot of condensation forming on the slate floor underneath him. Bed feels warm and dry though. Old dog had an insulated mattress that fixed this problem but loki destroyed it when he first arrived and I cant remember what brand it was. Just bought a cheap crate mat and still getting condensation and loki's already started digging in it so can't see it lasting.

Tempted by a raised bed, possibly a wooden one, but he's such a big dog, he overspills his 100x75cm piece of vet bed when he stretches out - would I have to go even bigger with a raised bed or is it ok to expect him to curl up a little bit?

Any suggestions?

2. mandyb

mandyb Registered Users

I have 2 x HiK9 (raised beds) for my Labs, one medium, one large, they both lie stretched out on either...ok there may be legs and/or heads hanging off the smaller one at times but they don't seem to mind, at other times they'll both be curled up on the same bed.
    I have found both the canvas and mesh cover to be extremely hard wearing, they've survived my eldest Lab's panicked digging/scratching every time there's a storm, a chewing pup, and my grandsons using them like trampolines, with hardly a mark, they must be about 5years old by now. There's certainly no chance of condensation as the air flows underneath.

Ruth Buckley likes this.
  3. Ruth Buckley

Good to know, thanks. It was the heads/legs hanging off I wasn't sure about.

4. mandyb

mandyb Registered Users

There are several sizes to choose from including extra large ones.

5. Ruth Buckley

Thanks Mandy. Just bought a cheap raised bed on zooplus to see how we go. The hik9 ones look better quality but I'm not sure what he's going to make of being off the ground.

mandyb likes this.