Cool Mats. Any good?

Discussion in 'Products for dogs & their owners' started by J.D, Jul 23, 2019.

1. J.D

J.D Supporting Member Forum Supporter

There seem to be a lot of cool mats on the market.
    Has anyone bought one and are they any good?Are dogs easily persuaded to lie on them and want to stay.
    I have never seen the need before but I think Toby’s chemo is affecting his ability
    to cool down quickly. He is only walked at 6am and very late evening but even then it is very muggy.
    We are chilling in front of my new Dyson fan at the moment!

2. LoopyLuna

LoopyLuna Registered Users

That would just be something cold to chew for Luna, so I've not even gone there :). There are some great cooling coats that I've had recommended to me by a lot of the owners at our training group, and I've also seen a wet tea towel used really effectively draped over tummies.

3. HollyBerry

HollyBerry Registered Users

We have two for Holly and i think they’re pretty ok for what they are! She lies on it and stays on it when she’s hot and wants to cool/sleep. They work well enough indoors/out of direct sunlight, and you can put them in the fridge first for extra cool. In direct sunlight the sun warms them up and they end up not working properly so if thats what you want it for then they aren’t the way to go.

4. Saffy/isla

Saffy/isla Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Hi we brought one for our old lab when she was about 10 but she adamantly refused to go on it!

We reused it with Isla last summer ,hiding it under a sheet as she was only 4 months and chewed everything but she found it and tried to do just that, fortunately she was supervised and we were able to rescue it but not sure if we'll try again with her in a couple of years