cost of spaying

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Holliesmum, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Holliesmum

Holliesmum Registered Users

Hi all I'm just wondering in a ball park figure kind of way how much hollies spay will cost? Need to budget that into the cost of moving which will probably happen around the same time (obviously won't do it at the same time due to the stress on both of us)
    how long after a season should I book her in? Think the vet said 3 months but can't remember.

Thanks

2. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Re: cost of spaying

My vet, in West Midlands, charges for a bitch between 20kg - 40kg £190.80. It is advisable to spay half way between seasons which is usually three months.

3. Naya

Naya Registered Users

My Vets advised 3 months after their first season. Unfortunately Harley had an emergency spay due to pyometra so cost a lot (over £900). I don't know what the average cost of a normal spay is. Hopefully someone will be along soon with help :)

4. Kirriegirl

Kirriegirl Registered Users

We were about £190 too.

5. Holliesmum

Holliesmum Registered Users

I did think about £180 so not far off, thanks guys :)

6. sunsetpines

sunsetpines Registered Users

Here in the US, it's about $100 for a routine spay....and then extra if they send you home with a collar, pain meds, etc. ::)

7. Mollly

Mollly Registered Users

I paid £203, last April. It covered an assessment appointment, the OP with overnight care for pain relief and a post OP appointment. Molly's wound was closed with glue, so there were no sutures to be removed. She did not need a Buster Collar as she showed no interest in licking it.

I live about 10 miles from Oxford.

8. PaigeEmily

PaigeEmily Registered Users

My girl was spayed about 3 weeks ago at 7 months (before her first heat) and weighing 22kg. It cost me £180 and that included the spay, sedation, buster collar and a couple of days worth of painkillers. She had to go back a few days later for her post op and had an infection so I had to pay a further £20 for antibiotics but that's about it. She's back to her usual bouncy self now :)