Cow pat poos!!!!!

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by karen reid, Apr 27, 2014.

1. karen reid

karen reid Registered Users

Hi, Murphy (15 weeks)stools are really cow pat again. When we got him at 8 weeks they were fine. By 11 weeks they were cow pat. At that time I got probiotics from the vet and that sorted him out. But the last week or so they've become very loose again. I'm wondering if I should try changing his food? He has wainwrights large breed food at the moment.

He is well in himself and as boisterous as usual so I know he's not unwell.

Advice and views as always would be greatly received

Karen xxx

2. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Re: Cow pat poos!!!!!

I went through months of this with Harley. After several tests, medications and weeks of chicken and rice, we found out Harley is wheat intolerant. We changed her to Bob and Lush a month ago (grain free) and she has thrived. Might be worth a try as different foods affect pups differently. Hope this helps :)

3. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Not so good Karen.
    I have a thing about wheat in food too.
    I used this website to help me choose from so many available foods. Useful to know what your local shops stock too though if you don't want to rely on mail order.
    And of course poops can get worse during a changeover so if you do decide to change, do it slowly over a couple of weeks.
    jac

4. karen reid

karen reid Registered Users

Hi, changed his food to James wellbeloved and poos seem to have improved!!! Still mixing 25% of old food but should be totally on new food within the next couple of days. Fingers crossed all stays good x

5. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

That's good! Hope everything 'firms up' soon :)

6. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Glad you've seen an improvement I was a fellow cow pat sufferer at around the 20 week stage,took me a couple of months to sort it out and we have settled down now with diet adjustment and working on our Leave It so we could police the little monkeys's scavenging tendencies when we were out walking! X