Crazy, cranky 9 month old in first season, when will it end?!!!

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by vicvegas, Nov 30, 2016.

1. vicvegas

vicvegas Registered Users

My chocolate lab is having her first season. She's acting crazy and driving me crazy! When will it end. I know they say 2 - 4 weeks. I really don't know when to count the first day as the start. Week one for exactly one week her lady bits got a bit bigger and she had a slight discharge, then the last two weeks HUGE lady bits, big nips and bleeding. Does anyone know if the danger time has passed? She's super strong on the lead since this started, pulling me about, eating everything in sight. She's has super sensitive sense of smell and sniffs everything. Eats every type of berry she can gobble up on her walk. She's crazy restless and missing her doggie friends. Help

2. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

No idea, sorry. But at least you know there is an end to it. Soon.

3. Joy

Joy Registered Users

I counted 3 weeks from the day I first saw blood.

4. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Harley bled for 3 weeks (unusual for it to be this long). I was told the week or so after she stopped bleeding were when she was at her most fertile, so I suggest keeping her on lead for at least another week.
    I played a lot of 'find it' games at home and played in the garden a lot with her. We also played some games I brought from the pet shop to help tire her out. It really helped by tiring her out before we went for a lead walk.

5. Karen

Karen Registered Users

I would say you are coming near to the end of her season, but to be certain I'd keep her on the lead for another week, as Naya suggests.

6. vicvegas

vicvegas Registered Users

Thanks everyone!