Cupar meets another Cooper

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Cupcase, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Cupcase

Cupcase Registered Users

My ankle has been painful for the last few weeks , so our walking far has been curtailed ( although the training and excerise has not stopped). I've been building up to longer walks and today we headed for the football park. It's great for training as there is no cow or sheep poo to distract my boy.

On arrival there was one man and his dog on lead in the distance, so Cupar was released and allowed to sniff etc. then the rope ball comes out and we have a few throws of that. He ignored the far off dog. Brilliant.

At the bottom of the hill I spy a bigger version of Cupar. Off lead. When the owner gets nearer I shout and ask if his dog is ok with other dogs and he assures me he is. He then walks over after hearing me call Cupar and tells me his dogs name is Cooper. He is 18 months old and gorgeous. It was like watching brothers playing. I practiced some recall with Cupar and got two for the price of one. Cupar was really amazing, he focused on me when I asked him, he came back every time , I never used the whistle once ( kind of worried he might not recall because of other dog) I really couldn't be more pleased with him.

This is a big deal for me as Cupars not had much opportunity to play with other dogs older than him. All the dogs we've met he is usually on the lead.

Something else I noticed was each dog had a perimeter. The older Cooper went that bit further than the younger Cupar.

I've found out that ther is lots and lots of yellow labs named Cupar/Cooper.

I really need to start using the football field more often. He loves it and we get to do lots of training which Cupar thinks is all a big game. So the training I had planned this morning didn't happen but what an opportunity we had this morning instead.

2. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Re: Cupar meets another Cooper

Sounds like a good walk/training session. It is nice when they meet other nice dogs to play with :)
    Hope your ankle heals soon

3. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

What a great opportunity you had there for play and practice ...all,the more enjoyable for you being a bit laid up....big sympathies to you ,I ripped all,the ligaments in my ankle this time last year....it's not fun being laid up x

4. Jane Martin

Jane Martin Registered Users

It's lovely when something nice happens. Not your ankle, of course. :)

5. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Oh dear, hope your ankle is better soon, but it sounded like you both had fun :)