Daily schedule/ routine

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by LooneyLuna, Aug 8, 2017.

1. LooneyLuna

LooneyLuna Registered Users

Can anyone share their daily puppy routine that they stick to?
    I think I need more structure to my day with our puppy and think it will help us both!
    So far we still haven't been for a walk and I know that I should have gone hours ago but it's been on / off raining and my spoilt pup refuses to walk in the rain!
    Obviously I know it's silly to try and be too strict but I've never had a dog at all before and having a puppy has been extremely challenging.
    I just want some general examples.
    Feed, walk, play, train, crate etc. What order works best and for what amount of time please. Xx

2. Lfm

Lfm Registered Users

Hi! Mabel is 18 weeks and this is roughly her daily routine.

6:30-7:30-wake up
    8:00-breakfast
    8:00-9:00- play/letting her entertain herself
    9:00-9:30-sleep, crated
    9:30-walk, usually lasting around half an hour, we tried to stick to the 5 minutes per month of her age but it didn't really work for us
    10:00-10:10/15-running in the garden, if you haven't got one, I would highly recommend getting a training dummy even if you aren't planning on doing any gundog training they're great to throw in the garden and to tire the pup out
    10:30-11:30-sleep, crated
    11:30-14:00- Play/entertaining herself, or having a snooze out of her crate, which we try to do in afternoon if possible, so her sleep is of lower quality and it tends to help for when she goes to bed at night
    14:00-lunch
    14:00-15:00-play/chill with us
    15:00-16:00-Kong or a chew in her crate and we try to leave her alone if possible to start to accustom her to being by herself (she never lasts!)
    16:00-19:00-play/sleep out of crate, at this time of day, we usually get a few pieces of her food and leave them around the kitchen for her to sniff out, it keeps her occupied for ages!
    19:00-dinner, we usually take her water away after her dinner to try and give her time to empty her bladder
    19:00-20:45-play, trying to keep her awake if possible!
    20:45-21:00-last little walk to get rid of any last bits of energy
    21:00-21:30-she goes to sleep out of her crate and we then put her in
    23:30-get her up for a 'last wee'

Hope this helps!!!

kalheir likes this.