Day 3.....Dexter who?.....

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Dexter, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

You KNOW I'm only joking.....
    Having a lovely time in the Bali ......rain ::)by gritting my teeth and sitting on my hands I have stuck to the one text a day rule to Dexter's sitter.....the amount that fly between my sister and I do NOT count!having some spare time has been a great opportunity to look back through the forums to when all your dogs were younger and the situations and experiences you have had with them.I've read about scented candles being a factor in sore eyes( I think that was Riley?)and am thinking that there might be a link( or certainly it wont be helping) between all the air fresheners i have and Dexters recurring sore eyes.......text to sitter yesterday ......Remove all air fresheners IMMEDIATELY!
    ive downloaded some books from the book section,Nop's trials wasn't available on kindle ,but Caroleb A dog called Slugger was,so getting ready to have a weep later....!Big joy realized Total Recall was on kindle too so that has been purchased,was waiting to get it on my next UK visit....been able to manage with 2 of Pippa's other books so far.....
    Glad that all our poorly ones are making good recoveries,Obi,you are a superstar how you have bounced back and Simba's Cone-gate has given me many a chuckle!Jasper your time is nearly here but I know that you will be wrapped in cotton wool for your recovery not to mention cuddled to sleep every night,hope you have got someone looking after you Lynne while he is coming through it?
    Right off for a mooch round town then back to get stuck into my books,have a great day where you all are bfn Angela x

2. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Re: Day 3.....Dexter who?.....

I am just laughing about you texting the dog sitter to remove the air fresheners. They must think you are a .........

....... really devoted owner.

;)

3. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

LOL Angela!
    Get off the computers and enjoy you holiday ;D

Jacqui

4. David

David Registered Users

oh dear! This forum really is more addictive than heroin then - official.

Have a great holiday. At least the rain is warm.

5. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Oh Angela , your post has given me a chuckle :)

6. lynnelogan

lynnelogan Registered Users

angela, bet you wish you had never booked that holiday, .....dexter tail will be wagging so fast when he sees you....try and enjoy, i am dreading his operation, as for cones i had better get stocked up with them now.... :)

7. Dexter

Yep Rachael ,that just about sums up what Betty must think.....but you know...praise be she humors me totally and I think she loves Dex.....almost as much as me,because OF COURSE NOBODY loves him more than us( Husband is equally besotted,just forget to mention him most of the time,bless him!)
    Totally more addictive than heroin David .....In fact i would hazard a punt at saying more addictive than haribo cola bottles.......yes,yes I know tread carefully Angela!
    I know I should get off the ipad Jac(I said to aforementioned Husband before.....having an iPad really is the best thing isn't it?it was a funny expression he pulled in reply.....)but I can't help it,I love being able to be involved with a group of people that love their dogs...and I've had so much advice from you all since I joined...there might just be that one time I can offer up a useful nugget to pay it forward to someone!
    Sun shone today 8),few pink bits 8)....all air fresheners removed ;D
    Bfn x

8. lynnelogan

i love seeing the post....you tickle me angela :)

9. Oberon

Any pics of your tropical surrounds? You can take them on your phone, upload them to Flickr using the Flickr app, then use the iPad to get the code off Flickr and paste it into this thread.

Or you could just have another Piña Colada (one of the most excellent cocktails ever invented, after the Frozen Brandy Alexander of course).

10. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

[quote author=Oberon link=topic=1741.msg13233#msg13233 date=1371551943]
    Or you could just have another Piña Colada (one of the most excellent cocktails ever invented, after the Frozen Brandy Alexander of course).
    [/quote]

Long Island Iced Tea or Moscow Mule would be my cocktails of choice mmmmmmmmmmm cocktails, sunshine ;D

11. Dexter

12. Dexter

Forgot to add Barbara ...love it when a girl reeeeeaaaalllly knows a cocktail list! Respect! X

13. Oberon

Nice pool!

[quote author=Dexter link=topic=1741.msg13252#msg13252 date=1371553474]
    Forgot to add Barbara ...love it when a girl reeeeeaaaalllly knows a cocktail list! Respect! X
    [/quote]
    So are you saying that Piña Coladas and Frozen Brandy Alexanders don't represent educated cocktail choices? What about a Gimlet, then - with Hendricks gin and real lime juice, naturally.

14. lynnelogan

oh i am so jealous, wish i was there,....enjoy :)

15. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Looks lovely and relaxing....I"m transporting myself into that picture right about now....

I'm off for my holidays in about 3 weeks....kinda dreading it with 'project pooch" on my hands....hopefully I will be able to find the right people to fill in the gaps until we get home and that the house/yard is still standing. :eek:

16. Oberon

We are going away just for this weekend, for a 'winter solstice getaway'. It's not going to be at all tropical, but it will be a blazing fire. Furry Features is coming with us as it's a dog-friendly place.

Are you enjoying Bali, Angela? Would you recommend it as a holiday destination?

17. Dexter

Ah Lisa ,after your day yesterday think some r and r was just what you needed Lisa....3 weeks is still a good stretch of time....how long have you had Simba now?
    Rachael,Bali is lovely if you just want a bit of down time.we have been here before 8 years ago and it's really only the travel time that has prevented us coming back sooner....nearly 20 hours.Be a lot closer for you though.last time we split the 10 days into 5 days at the beach then went up into the mountains to a holistic retreat ( wasn't too hardcore,there was a wine list ,bar and meat served on the menu,phew!) for 5 days.....we probably should have done the same this time ,although we would have just gone to a normal hotel.There is a bit more action up in the mountains,good hiking,cycling and even some white water rafting ....I can do 10 days lying around ,reading ,spa-ing,eating,drinking( life doesn't let me be,but fundamentally I'm a lazy lump!)but Chris will start getting a bit restless today....day 4.....food is lovely,people are really kind and friendly and service is excellent.Its great to see the recovery from last time,it wasn't long after the bombings and the tsunami and locals we spoke to said it was a real struggle as tourists were staying away.
    If you think about it seriously let me know and ill PM you were we have stayed etc x

18. Dexter

Ps Enjoy YOUR weekend,sounds gorgeous,just in a different way to here.....oh and the cream on the top...... FF company too ,now that makes me VERY jealous ;D x

19. Oberon

Thanks, Angela - we are really looking forward to it :)

I did mean to say in my post that it will have a blazing fire - not that it will be a blazing fire. I sincerely hope so anyway!!! :)

20. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Yes, there is part of me that is looking forward to not being on constant "dog duty" for awhile.

We've had Simba for a month... Of course the first two weeks I thought we were just dog sitting so he's really only been ours in my mind for two weeks.... Leaving on July 8th or so for our summer away....trying not to be stressed about it but I am!!