Decrating at night - we are definitely NOT ready yet!

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Looby Lou, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Looby Lou

Looby Lou Registered Users

Jack and Barney are now 6 months old (where did that go?!) and are so settled all evening and good all night that I took pity on them and decided to try a night out of the crate. I have been up until midnight and my sons get up at 5 to go to the gym before work, so when they were fast asleep on the sofa I decided to leave them. I put everything out of reach and went off to bed. At 1am I was woken by 'puppy noise' and went to investigate....as I put the light on I found the boys mid wrestle, Jack pinning Barney and a great game of bitey face and nylabone tossing in full swing! They looked at me like 'hi mum, we're just having a fight' lol. We also had a wet patch on the carpet :mad:

Needless to say they went in their crate for the rest of the night. The next night, they took up the same position on the sofa and refused to move, I had to physically push them off the sofa and they did the mardy walk across the room and flopped into their crate. When did people say the teenage years start.....?

Lou x

2. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Re: Decrating at night - we are definitely NOT ready yet!

[quote author=Looby Lou link=topic=8757.msg124019#msg124019 date=1415994791]
    I put the light on I found the boys mid wrestle, Jack pinning Barney and a great game of bitey face and nylabone tossing in full swing! They looked at me like 'hi mum, we're just having a fight' lol. We also had a wet patch on the carpet :mad:

Needless to say they went in their crate for the rest of the night.
    [/quote]

Yes - they are much naughtier in twos!

My two sleep in separate rooms and Gypsy (5 months) is de-crated and Tatze (18 months) isn't - her own choice!

3. Rolokris

Rolokris Registered Users

I totally mis read the subject, I thought it said decorating at night lol. I can't imagine ever feeling comfortable enough to decrate Rolo. I obviously will.

4. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

At eight months old Pongo decrated himself.

We'd made him a very lovely home under the stairs, with a nice slatted doorway, and he was very happy in there for the first six months that he lived with us. He'd choose to sleep there during the day and was perfectly happy to curl up in there at night.

Then one night we heard some banging noises....thought nothing of it.... came down in the morning to find he had removed an entire slat, turned half of it into sawdust, and was curled up asleep on the sofa. Since then he has had the run of the sitting room all night.... with no real problems thank goodness!

Here is a picture of the escapee... "Honest Dad, it just fell off when I sniffed it.... honest...."

https://www.dropbox.com/s/almuc0cc81oquw1/prison break.jpg?dl=0