Different 'style' of clicker training

Discussion in 'Clicker Training' started by Puppypal, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Puppypal

Puppypal Registered Users

Barley has found a fun and different style of clicker training. he found this when i was standing holding the clicker, he came along and nudged my hand, so i thought he was after the treat i had in my hand, so i gave that to him, then i moved my hand with no treat in it he nudged it again, so i moved my hand again and he nudged it a third time. Now he has been taught to do hand touches, but he was touching the clicker not my hand, and i tested this theory by holding one hand out and the other hand with the clicker in it, different one to the one which had had food in it, i told him to touch and he went strait to the hand with the clicker in. He found this a great game and now he is obsessed with targeting the clicker. He learnt this with only one reinforcement of me giving him a treat for touching the clicker without me actually knowing what he was doing. And some people say dogs are stupid, as he has just learnt a new way to get more treats ::) as if he does not know enough commands as it is

2. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Re: Different 'style' of clicker training

That's a new one - clicker as target :) He's a smart boy...

3. Jen

Jen Registered Users

Perhaps he's clicker training you annabelle.! ;D ;D clever dog ;D ;D

4. Puppypal

Puppypal Registered Users

[quote author=Jen link=topic=3315.msg36013#msg36013 date=1384686561]
    Perhaps he's clicker training you annabelle.! ;D ;D clever dog ;D ;D
    [/quote]

Probably, sounds more like him. He would not do it for dad, only me, or maybe he just prefers the colour pink to blue, as my clicker is pink and dads is blue :p