Dirreoha ? Advice please

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Carebear32, May 11, 2014.

1. Carebear32

Carebear32 Registered Users

Hi all

Izzy is 11 weeks old. Her first poo this morning was fine. But she has done two very runny poos since. As my daughter describe it it looks like melted chocolate ! Her form is great eating and drinking as normal. Should I be concerned? Is there anything I can do for her ? Thanks.

2. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Re: Dirreoha ? Advice please

Hi Clare , if I were you , I wouldnt be too worried especially is she is fine in herself , could she have eaten something not meant for her ? if it continues , try giving her just plain boiled cooled rice with a little cooked chicken , both of these are good for settling tums . Obviously if she doesnt improve or starts to act in a poorly manner, call the Vet , hope she gets over it soon x

3. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I would miss a couple of meals then give scrambled egg for a couple of meals, with some glucose powder and pro-fibre. Make sure they drink plenty (if you mix manuka honey in the water it will encourage drinking).

If the pup is still squitty I'd get some Panacur granules too.

It is very normal at 11 weeks to have a runny tummy now and again, so don't worry :)

4. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

I would go the chicken and rice approach - what I have available in the house.
    Might miss a meal out but I would rather give something, even if just a small amount.
    If you are worried how your dog is acting I would phone the vet for advice.

5. Carebear32

Thanks guys.

She is fast asleep now. But otherwise in super form bright eyed and bushy tailed ! I think she might have eaten poo last night ! Would that leave her like that. Don't think she got a lot.
    So I fed her at 8 this morning. We had treats and some of her food as we were doing a bit of training so last time she ate was 10am so if I left her till maybe 6pm and have her chicken and rice then ? And maybe again at 10pm? If she doesn't get any worse would I continue the chicken and rice tomorrow too.

Sorry for all the question this is my first dog thank you.

6. Naya

Naya Registered Users

I would try the chicken and rice at about 3/4pm, then again around 7/8pm. Personally I wouldn't feed any later than this. If after 24 hours of chicken and rice it hasn't stopped, I would pop her to the vet. Let us know how she is later x

7. Carebear32

Okay thanks Naya.

I will feed at those times and I will let you know how she is doing

Thanks again