Does your dog like music?

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Moorlands, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Moorlands

Moorlands Registered Users

Dido has just sat absolutely transfixed by Alison Balsom's rendition of The Trumpet Voluntary, head cocked to one side, ears twitching and other than her head she didn't move a muscle until it finished, which got me thinking. My first lab, Bracken, hated the French horn in the Indiana Jones theme and would bark incessantly at it - she normally never made a sound; Hebe likes anything with a good beat, from Bon Jovi to Beethoven, whilst Maia is totally unmoved by any music. Juno and Cara would sing along to a kazoo, which made I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue even more hilarious than intended (good job we don't have any neighbours :D).

So do your dogs have any favourite or hated music and is there any reason to it?

2. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Re: Does your dog like music?

Hi Kerryn, how funny, not noticed any interest in music with my two but will watch closely in future :) Hope all is OK with you and your pack of girls. Helen xxxx

3. lynnelogan

lynnelogan Registered Users

jaspers loves robbie williams angels,....his little head moves from side to side lol, its so funny

4. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

Love a bit if trumpet voluntary myself but riley doesn't seem terribly bothered by music. Lizzie was enjoying Talking Heads this morning :D

5. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Chris brought some kind of iphonenadget back from the UK,he was messing round with it and Katy perry was on..... Dexter jumped up and gave a few grumbly gruffs,don't know if it was disapproval of the music or irritation at the fact that she'd broken into his snooze !

6. Karen

Karen Registered Users

My old boys always used to jump up and dance with me when I broke into a boogie in the kitchen!!! ;)

Yesterday I had Daft Punk on while cooking (get me, so with it, huh 8) ) - Poppy was very much NOT impressed!

7. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Sam actually comes to life when I`m in the kitchen with our local radio station on , he loves a good old dance, looks quite ridiculous but seems to recognise the intro to Moves Like Jagger ;D

8. jade805

jade805 Registered Users

Amy runs away when she hears the advert come on the Tv where the man runs with all the cats!!!! She went crazy barking at it the first time she noticed it.