Dog coat

Discussion in 'Products and supplies for puppies' started by Jyssica, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Jyssica

Jyssica Registered Users

Hi all.

Any suggestions for a decent coat? I dont want it for weather purposes but it helps protect his coat from too much mud and dirt in daycare or when were out.

All the ones ive found are for tiny dogs!

Preferably one with a harness attachment but its fine if not.

I found a great one called Pawberry. But they only go upto Large and it was too small for rolo at 5 months.

2. 20180815

20180815 Guest

3. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

If I use a coat at all its a Hotterdog fleece - different styles and colours. Off the peg version of Equafleece.
    No harness gaps though.
    I have the jumper, in black - doesn't look as naff as in the photos
    http://www.hotterdog.co.uk/store/index.html

Can also be used as a drying coat, which is mostly what I use it for.
    Probably too hot for hooly-ing around in all day though. I see they do a T-shirt though :D
    And jackets.

4. Emily_BabbelHund

Emily_BabbelHund Longest on the Forum without an actual dog

I'm a big fan of anything Ruff Wear and they have lots of stuff for big dogs - their logo is a Rottweiler after all ;). Not sure if they sell in UK, but they do in Germany, so I imagine they would in the UK as well.

http://www.ruffwear.com/Products/dog_coats

Also worth checking out are horse blanket manufacturers. It's a little "out there" but I used to get custom coats made for my pit bull with her oddly-shaped little bullet body by a horse supplier. Super cheap, incredibly good quality, perfect fit. It was the US, so the name of the one I used wouldn't help you, but may be worth Googling in your area.