Dog food

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Stacia, May 10, 2013.

1. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Not sure if this is the right place! Has anyone used Kronch dog food and if so, what did you think of it?

Stacia

2. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Re: Dog food

Havent used it myself, it seems to be relatively new to the market ? Theres a good website (kronch isnt listed ) that gives a good overview of all major brands , you need the meat/fish content to be the first ingredient listed and look for the protein content , some have horrendously high protein that would have most dogs bouncing off the walls ! www.whichdogfood.co.uk

3. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Hi Stacia, we used to use FISH4DOGS which appears to be similar to Kronch, I haven't heard of it either. We switched food as the protein levels were 26% and had Charlie bouncing off the walls, now on 18% and much, much calmer. Helen

4. lynnelogan

lynnelogan Registered Users

i use beta, from pets at home,think it as a high protine, any one heard of this

5. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Thank you both, had an interesting time looking at the website "which dogs". 'Charlie' which food did you change to?

Jelinga

6. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Hi Stacia, I changed Hattie and Charlie to Burns Alert which is only 18% protein and they are very fit and happy on it. The Burns dietician was extremely helpful and sent samples for them to try and gave great advice on protein levels and the ingredients. She recommended the alert especially for Charlie as it is used for Guide Dogs that have to be focussed to train. I have seen a massive improvement in Charlie's focus and obedience since the switch some months ago. Hope that helps. Helen