Dog Friendly Holiday cottages / hotels UK

Discussion in 'Dog Friendly Places & Recommendations' started by Lara, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Xena Dog Princess

Xena Dog Princess Registered Users

:eek: the price for 3 nights! That is an amazing little earner for the owners. They're bringing in more than £1,000 per week! I can only imagine how many people are on the cancellation waiting list.

2. Jojo83

Jojo83 Registered Users

No official star rating as not bookable through any of the companies or agents, only direct with owner :D:D. Exceptionally well equipped, very dog friendly, hot tub, large secure garden and access to 8 acre field :p, which is also secure. Not surprising I'm keeping it so myself - definitely one of the few places I would go back to - just need to plan when for 2018 :)

3. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Well, that's a useful contribution to the thread.... o_O

When I was in Cornwall with the Squidge as a puppy, I stayed here: https://www.padstowholidays.net/properties/rooms/f9961309-b027-4e95-9945-1dbec22f5d70
    It was perfect for me out of season for a long-term let. You need a car, but it's a very short drive to several lovely beaches which are dog friendly. There are long cliff walks if you're brave enough for that. The house has a garden which is fully enclosed, backing onto fields and there's a small enclosed dog walking field and larger not-enclosed field for a bit of exercise within a couple of minutes' walk. It's about ten minutes from Padstow. More of a residential area than idyllic country cottage, but definitely recommended if you're on more of a budget or looking for something longer term.

UncleBob and Lara like this.
  4. Lara

Lara Registered Users

I know! If only I had the money to buy some houses and land...there is obviously a big demand for dog-focussed holiday lets!

5. Lara

Lara Registered Users

Thank you for sharing @snowbunny :D looks great!

6. Joy

Joy Registered Users

@snowbunny Gosh, that one is very reasonably priced. We’re thinking of a holiday with Molly this year and everywhere I’ve looked so far has been much more expensive.

snowbunny likes this.
  7. snowbunny

A big bonus is that it has a very handy bathroom right by the front door, so when your dogs are covered in sand from the beach, you can put them straight in there to clean them up before releasing them into the rest of the house :D

Here is one of the local beaches, Porthcothan Bay:

[​IMG]

and the beautiful Harlyn Bay:

[​IMG]

This is where Squidge fell in love with Benson :inlove:

From memory, there are seven very local beaches, as well as countless more a little further away. These two are the ones we frequented, though, as they were just 6-7 minutes' drive from the house.

Plum's mum, Stacia, drjs@5 and 2 others like this.
  8. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Ah! I remember my short break with Benson well, just wonderful! Lovely area, beaches and people. I have just the most wonderful memories of our time there..still trying to forget sausage-gate though!! :D:D

We stayed here, it was just amazing! I know it's not a cottage...but a lovely dog-friendly B&B...:)

http://www.woodlands-padstow.co.uk/

Lara and snowbunny like this.
  9. Peartree

Peartree Registered Users

If you’re looking for expensive then I would recommend Treworgy cottages near Looe. I have stayed twice (something that rarely happens!). We had a cottage with walled secure garden and our own access to 5 acre field. Owners are lovely and there are a several cottages there - all quite private. Swimming pool, horse riding and fab meals can be ordered on site and delivered to your fridge!!

https://www.treworgeycottages.co.uk/facilities/

drjs@5 likes this.
  10. Lara

Lara Registered Users

Oh my goodness that place is stunning. It seems unusual for a place so posh and beautiful to allow dogs! Ooh perhaps I will sell the Pig to the circus to raise funds and just go myself :p

Karen and drjs@5 like this.
  11. leejane

leejane Mum to the Mooster

Love this thread it's the perfect January job, choosing a holiday.

What could the Pig do in a circus @Lara ? Does she have lots of tricks:D

12. Lara

Lara Registered Users

Erm...she makes cheeses vanish...? Surely a circus would be impressed with such tricks :D

drjs@5 and leejane like this.
  13. Lara

Lara Registered Users

Which cottage did you stay in @Peartree? They all look like they should be in some interior design magazine!

14. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Fabulous! Thank you! Sent the link to OH and he is poring over the cottages...:)

drjs@5 likes this.
  15. leejane

I need to work out how to show OH without the pricelist. He thinks every holiday cottage is overpriced:rolleyes:

16. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

I would agree! When we got Stanley I was like oooh and all the cheap breaks we'll be able to have. Then searched the price :eek::eek: it's just as expensive as going abroad!

But it makes me too sad to leave Stanley and I spent about 50% of our last holiday sniffling away. So needs must :D

leejane likes this.
  17. Peartree

Peartree Registered Users

We have stayed in Orchard cottage twice.

Lara likes this.
  18. leejane

We generally have 1 week abroad in the sun - but agree, any other holiday is all based around 'where would Monty like to go on holiday!'

19. Joy

Joy Registered Users

I decided to go ahead and book the one that @snowbunny stayed at and, although it’s still on the site, has sadly been sold ( I rang up after trying to book online.) So back to searching for a cheapie.

20. snowbunny

Oh, that's a shame! I know the same lady had several other properties, I'll PM you her email address if you'd like?