Dog Friendly Holiday cottages / hotels UK

Discussion in 'Dog Friendly Places & Recommendations' started by Lara, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Joy

Joy Registered Users

Thanks, that would be great.

2. Jojo83

Jojo83 Registered Users

A few extra ideas for holidays with our four legged friends:-

http://brechfaforestbarns.co.uk/ Some lovely forest walks, fantastic beaches, cottage very warm and comfy and well equipped. Gardens have 3' high fencing so could be a problem if your dog is a little reactive seeing another dog - oh and you're surrounded by sheep in the local fields. You can pre-order a 3 course dinner for some of your stay which if I remembered cost around £27 each and the food was wonderful.

https://www.goodlifelakedistrictcottages.co.uk/langdale-cottages/elterwater/gl033-mere-syke-cottage Garden is shared by 3 properties although when we stayed one was empty and the family on the other side never appeared in the main garden as they had garden with table and chairs around the side. Beautiful walks available, great village pub that is 100% dog friendly and beautiful scenery from windows and garden.

https://www.norfolkcottages.co.uk/n...ges-cottages/castle-acre/1182-peddars-cottage Lovely centre village location with a dog friendly pub 2 minutes walk away (if you walk slowly :) ) . Has a courtyard garden at the back which our girl wouldn't use so we took her out for a short walk first thing and last thing at night. Some lovely local walks around castle ruins and priory ruins with opportunity for some swimming in the local river. Beaches are well within an hours drive, depending upon where you want to go, and an easy drive to Sandringham where you can stroll through the rounds for a lovely woodland walk.

http://www.hoseasons.co.uk/cottages/haven-cottage-e4342 Wasn't sure about adding this one. Great location but accommodation not very good. Small property and it needed a good clean when we went, which seems that numerous other clients have also noted. Garden is small, enclosed and shared with the neighbouring cottage. When we visited the neighbours had 2 dogs which consistently barked every time they saw our girl so we ended not using the garden but going for a walk first thing morning and last thing evening. Holy Island has lots of fabulous walks and is much better once the day trippers have left to beat the incoming tide across the causeway. Two very good, dog friendly pubs both offering fantastic fresh crab sandwiches and tasty chips (well, who could say no :) ). Lovely swimming in the harbour when it is quiet and some gorgeous beaches to visit - Bamburgh for starters :)

3. Hollysdad

Hollysdad Supporting Member Forum Supporter

We've already booked a cottage in Cornwall for this May and will write a report. Having seen how much Holly (and we) enjoyed our short break on the coast path last year we thought we'd go for a whole week this time. The aim is to use it as a base for a walking holiday from Bude to Port Isaac (20 miles), along with some other days out.

4. Hollysdad

For anyone heading to the Lake District, this is a lovely little cottage. It's cosy for 4 but very good for a couple with a dog.

https://www.heartofthelakes.co.uk/property/langdale-valleys/victory-cottage/2039

Downstairs is open plan with a kitchen/dining area with a good sized table, and a sitting area with comfortable sofas and TV. There are two bedrooms, one with en-suite, and a bathroom. We used the spare bedroom for luggage.

It has no garden, but is right at the end of the village so you can get onto open land for poops. The fantastic, dog friendly, award winning Britannia Arms is only a few minutes walk from the front door.

5. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

snowbunny likes this.
  6. Cath

Cath Registered Users

7. Joy

Joy Registered Users

That looks an amazing place! I see they are fully booked now for the whole of 2018!!

8. Beanwood

Yes, and most of 2019..

9. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Wow, lucky you! Lucky dogs! :)

10. Beanwood

I think we were just incredibly lucky. It is worth signing up for their cancellation list, because people book so far in advance there is a lot of shifting breaks around :)

drjs@5 likes this.
  11. SteffiS

SteffiS Registered Users

That looks great - lucky you and lucky dogs :).

12. Hollysdad

It has a super king bed.... the dogs will LOVE that!

snowbunny and drjs@5 like this.
  13. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

It looks perfect!

14. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Jealous :inlove:

15. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Does anyone have any suggestions for Norfolk? I saw Jojo already put one recommendation up.

16. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

I'm looking for somewhere north England. Lakes or moors. Not too much further down than York. Budget a bit tighter as this is an extra short break early May.

I was looking at all the links earlier. There was a good Norfolk one I thought, just a bit too far South for me.

17. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Karen likes this.
  18. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

I thought it would be easier to see on a map, so I've added the properties listed above to this Google map here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lwDnF_Vf21jZ_4FOCcAKPfD6oFcJELZM&usp=sharing

I've kept it as a view-only map so we don't get spammers adding their own properties, and so we can keep it as recommendations from actual members.

The pins show the rough area and I don't guarantee they are accurate, disclaimer, disclaimer, disclaimer. :D

Hollysdad and Beanwood like this.
  19. Beanwood

20. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Wow! Impressive!