Dog sitting

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by cartledge2, Jan 14, 2014.

1. cartledge2

cartledge2 Registered Users

I cant seem to find anywhere on this site info re. dog sitting which I have come across on other sites? Is this a section of the page we could include perhaps for people to offer there services? I know how difficult it is to find people who would be happy to have dogs within their own home whilst owners are away butit is such an important thing for owners who travel and would be good to know who's out there.

2. ClareJ

ClareJ Registered Users

Re: Dog sitting

I think that everyone is geographically so widespread that it wouldn't be practical... and despite how well we 'know' one another online, I think I for one would have reservations about people popping up offering dog sitting services on this forum. There have certainly been discussions about the variety and quality of daycare options in the past, or using dogwalkers, and I think sharing those sorts of experiences is very valuable however. I do agree with you though - finding someone to step in if needed, particularly at short notice, is always a challenge!
    Clare

3. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

Re: Dog sitting

Thank you for your question about dog sitting services. The moderators have discussed it and the consensus is that, as per the forum rules, commercial activity is not appropriate for this forum. Additionally concerns that anyone advertising would be considered to have the tacit approval of the Labrador Site exist. Dog sitters should be properly licensed and insured as may be required by their local authorities and it's beyond the capability of this forum to validate such things.

We hope you understand our reasoning and continue to enjoy the advice and support available from this community