Dogs always cost more than you think

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Karen, May 16, 2013.

1. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Whoopie, have just been given a whole load of venison ribs by a friend whose husband is a keen hunter! Poppy will be so happy! And I think I spied some neck cuts in there too - last time I decided those were too good to be given to the dog raw, so they made a delicious stew for the other half and me... ;)

Only problem is - no more space in the small freezer I have, since we still have quite a lot of lamb bones in there... So now I have just purchased a chest freezer for the garage. Turns out the 'free food' is not quite as free as I thought it would be... ::)

In addition I have just discovered I need an export pedigree from the Kennel Club, since I need a 'Leistungsheft' (sort of notebook for results) before I can enter Poppy for the obedience test and competition at the end of June... Sigh. Another 50 quid...

2. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Re: Dogs always cost more than you think

You know that saying Karen , No such thing as a free lunch :) :) :)The venison sounds lovely, one of my favourite game meats , I`m sure the freezer will be worth buying for all the freebies . We have a neighbours son who drops off rabbits on our doorstep for Sam in the season, plus often get given damaged fish by a trawler owner we know in Looe xx

3. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Ha, I knew the story was going to involve a freezer purchase ;D

4. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

But they're worth every penny :)

Good luck in your competitions!!