Drake's time

Discussion in 'The Rainbow Bridge' started by snowbunny, Mar 16, 2015.

1. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Our friends who bred our pups lost their dear Lab x Doberman, Drake today. He was PTS in their arms and taken home to be buried in the place that brought him his second youth a year ago, when he was nineteen years of age. Watching him run around with a spring in his step like a dog half his age was an absolute joy and privilege to behold.

Run on, Drake.

[​IMG]

Chewy's mom likes this.
  2. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

Re: Drake's time

What a beautiful boy and a grand old age. I love how puppies bring such joy to some older dogs.

RIP Drake x

3. Karen

Karen Registered Users

How lovely that he had a long and happy life, and that the pups brought him joy in his very old age.

4. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

What a stunning dog. And a good old age. :)

5. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

What a wonderful life he's must have had and what a hole he will leave in your friends' life when they had the pleasure of all those years with him.Sounds like he was loved to bits until the end :'( xxx

6. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

What a handsome boy. 19, wow. My thoughts go out to your friends at this truly difficult time.

7. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

A very beautiful dog and a grand old age , your friends must be devastated , rest easy dear dog :(

8. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Beautiful boy. RIP x

9. heidrun

heidrun Supporting Member Forum Supporter

What a wonderful long life he had. Beautiful lad. Your friends must miss him so much.

10. sunsetpines

sunsetpines Registered Users

Wow...19 years.... :'( Handsome boy....

RIP Drake :'(

11. snowbunny

Well, he was actually 20. He was 19 when they moved to their new home in France. He had a life - he was born in Andorra and abandoned here. My friend and his then wife heard about him and adopted him when he was still young. Since then, he lived in England, Holland and Scotland. He was 19 when they moved from Edinburgh to France and he was really on his last legs then. But the move to France was spectacular for him and really revived him. He would run around with the two labs (both 4 years old) as if he was the same age. He was a bit deaf and a bit blind and a bit stiff in the mornings, but the last year he had, he was such a happy chappy. He really melted your heart. :*

12. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

What an interested life he must have led, what a fortunate dog, but his owners must be missing him dreadfully.

13. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

What a lovely looking boy.
    Can't believe he was 20
    RIP x

14. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

[quote author=snowbunny link=topic=10211.msg149971#msg149971 date=1426532186]
    Well, he was actually 20. He was 19 when they moved to their new home in France. He had a life - he was born in Andorra and abandoned here. My friend and his then wife heard about him and adopted him when he was still young. Since then, he lived in England, Holland and Scotland. He was 19 when they moved from Edinburgh to France and he was really on his last legs then. But the move to France was spectacular for him and really revived him. He would run around with the two labs (both 4 years old) as if he was the same age. He was a bit deaf and a bit blind and a bit stiff in the mornings, but the last year he had, he was such a happy chappy. He really melted your heart. :*
    [/quote]
    Oh have had a little tear over his story,they must miss him so much x

15. snowbunny

The labs slept downstairs, but Drake was always allowed in the bedroom. When we stayed there once, looking after everything while the couple were away, Drake settled down in their bedroom as usual on the first night. At about 3am, I was woken VERY unexpectedly with a massive head in my face! He'd obviously got lonely and come to find us in the spare room. Once my heart settled back down, we spent the rest of the night asleep side by side with him curled up around my hand, hanging off the side of the bed. Bless him, he'll be remembered very fondly.

16. Kirriegirl

Kirriegirl Registered Users

Aw what a lovely boy and what a big hole he leaves behind :'(