Drinking too much water?

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Maddison, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Maddison

Maddison Registered Users

So now that Larks is successfully de-crated at 9 months, we have run into a small problem. Sometimes when we leave her home she will pee by the door. Always by the back door, where we usually take her out. It seems compleatly sporadic when she does it though. She has been fine for 3 hours before and then sometimes when we leave for just an hour she will have an accident. We always take her out before we leave for a few minutes and walk her around so she has time to get a good pee in and she also goes on command. The only thing I can think of is that maybe she drinks too much water sometimes and can't hold it. Sometimes when we come in from playing outside she will drink an entire bowl of water. Is that normal? Even other people have commented to me about how much water she drinks. I don't want to deprive her if she needs it but I also want to stop the potty accidents!

2. lucky_dog

lucky_dog Registered Users

Could she be feeling anxious when she's left alone? Sometimes dogs with separation anxiety do this.

I think at 9 months she should be ok for an hour, but only have one dog for comparison!

3. Maddison

Maddison Registered Users

She has no signs of separatstion anxiety. We give her a pueanut butter kong when we walk out and I've snuck up on her when we get home and she's always alseep on the couch.

4. Beckyt6

Beckyt6 Registered Users

Could she be anxious being left out of her crate? - when Alfie was younger he would get anxious if we left him out of his pen and went out as his pen was his safe place