Easy walk harness no match for my escape artist.

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Leela'smom, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Leela'smom

Leela'smom Registered Users

Hi Everyone,
    So.... Leela has discovered that she can escape from the PetSafe easy-walk harness by grabbing the chest strap, falling to the ground and getting her leg out of it. *coughHoudinicough* She did this a few weeks ago when she was smaller, and I thought that when she grew into the next size it would fit better. I was wrong. The chest strap still fits a little low on her, so she gets pretty frustrated when she can't go where she wants to. Guess the joke is on me, because once that tantrum happens, I struggle to attach the leash to her collar before she gets the harness off. Of course, this ALWAYS seems to happen just when we reach the front of our house. You know, right where the neighbors can see me wrestling with her.:mad:
    But seriously, I want the harness to be comfortable for her, and easy to handle for me.

Can anyone recommend another harness with a chest attaching point? I am intending to teach her not to pull. I really just want to have fun walking with her. Her pulling is not making it fun, and understandably, my trainer doesn't want us to get a harness that attaches at the shoulder. She needs a correction for the pulling.

Thanks!
    Leela's Mom

2. chrisc831

chrisc831 Registered Users

Fergus has a ‘Perfect fit’ harness. Each piece can be bought separately and in different sizes. Has front and back attachments, does not impinge on gait, as is V shaped at front. Inescapable too, and the company are very helpful via phone or e mail.

pippa@labforumHQ likes this.
  3. base28

base28 Registered Users

Luna who is nearly 11 months now has 2 perfect for harnesses , they are so easy to put in and nice and comfy fit, we bought the fluorescent yellow and orange as Luna is a black lab so when walking at night she is clearly visable! They wash very well too

pippa@labforumHQ likes this.