Eating neighbours rubbish

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Maggie68, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Maggie68

Maggie68 Registered Users

Otis can now get into the neighbours garden, as theyre fence is literally falling to pieces with two big holes. They also have two dogs, and they leave the poo in the garden, and also put cat food in a bowl outside, and Otis got hold of one of their old chicken bones. Ive had to go arround theyre twice now to get him. They say theyre goingo it sort of when they get around to it, aghhhh ! Otis will eat anything so its a problem, plus the hassle of getting him back. He is now ill becauseof something he eat. Im sorry, I just needed to talk about it. Theyre very nice neighbours really ! But I had to knock on theryre door twice today to get him back. As you may know Im really trying to get Otis toilet training sorted, and feel it may slow down now, as I think Im going to have to take him in the garden on a lead. Sorry to go on, and moan, Maggie

2. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

Re: Eating neighbours rubbish

Rant away! We understand :)

You may be right and a fixed lead is the solution while they sort their fence out. Good luck :)

3. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

That's such a shame.
    Do you know anyone handy that could maybe help? Offer their services to hurry them up a bit??
    :-\

4. Naya

Naya Registered Users

How stressful :eek:
    Could you get some old pallets or fence panels from somewhere and put them up temporarily? A lot of supermarkets throw their pallets out and are happy for people to take them. Might be worth a try??

Before I got Harley my fence was in pieces, next door would patch it up with anything! it was the responsibility of next door but he said he didn't have the money and couldn't even go halves! It was only 4 foot high and he has a son with severe learning difficulties and he would stand in the garden looking into our living room shouting. We bit the bullet and done the fence ourselves, at our cost, and we made it 6 foot high ;)

5. Maggie68

They keep saying its the cost Jac, they want to do it themselves. Dosent stop them taking a holiday to Florida this year though , aghh! x

6. Karen

Karen Registered Users

How unfair of your neighbours. :(

Could anyone help patch the holes up?

7. Maggie68

Its literally held up with a bit of Ivy, really in bits, they used a bit of my strong trellis for one bit. Think my dad said something about some chicken wire fencing which might do temporarily. Thanks everyone XX

8. ClareJ

ClareJ Registered Users

A chicken wire solution may not be pretty, but if it does the job... What with the cystitis and now the stomach bug, you are due a break of luck on the toilet training front.
    Clare

9. lynnelogan

lynnelogan Registered Users

rant away,...hope it gets sorted soon :)

10. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I agree that a temporary fence is the go - some metal star pickets, chicken wire and cable ties. And a metal mallet to pound the star pickets in. And maybe some strong tent pegs to hold the chicken sure down at the bottom.

Your neighbours could take forever to act on it. It doesn't seem a priority for them (though I think we all agree that it should be!).

11. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

[quote author=Oberon link=topic=4032.msg46918#msg46918 date=1389646073]
    I agree that a temporary fence is the go - some metal star pickets, chicken wire and cable ties. And a metal mallet to pound the star pickets in. And maybe some strong tent pegs to hold the chicken sure down at the bottom.
    [/quote]
    And borrow a bloke who knows what he is doing.
    Unless you are hugely more handy than me ::)

12. MadMudMob

MadMudMob Registered Users

Can totally understand where you're coming from on this .... total pain and possibly dangerous too

13. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Maggie I know it's a pain and not your responsibility, but for Otis's sake can you maybe offer to split the price of the fence panel(s) with your neighbour and and ask them to fit it? That way you will know Otis is safe, just a thought. xx

14. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Oh Maggie what a nuisance,must be driving you mad.....if you can gather a post and chicken wire etc solution together and make it as ugly looking as you can .......on their side ( ;D,I've told you before,I'm horrible!) it might motivate them to step up to their responsibility! It's tricky I know when everyone is watching pennies....what about their dogs?they must be coming into your garden too? X