enthusiastic training partners...

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by debsie, Aug 31, 2013.

1. debsie

debsie Registered Users

i usually just take the dogs on my steady paced runs...decided to try them on short sprints training session last night. good grief Brodick ADORED it. Had to do six or seven flat out sprints for about a minute with thirty second recovery jogs in between. dogs dutifully did the two k steady warm up run with me very well behaved....and then the fun began! had them on Waaaaaaaits next to me at the start of each sprint, upped the excitement with Reaaaadyyyyys, then yelled GO at start and they both sprinted frantically with me and screeched to a halt for the thirty secong jog bit....they had a ball brodick got so enthusiastic about it he was going into a low crouch position on the Reaaaaady bit like an Olympic sprinter on the starting blocks. unfortunately the excitement got a bit much and he started launching himself onto me half way through the sprints. gave him a ball to carry and that focused him a bit more on just sprinting but he still couldnt help hurling himself at me a few more times...cuillin was much more controlled than her wee bro but did with great gusto too. i think we gave a lot of dog walkers a good giggle too especially the Brodick Mid Sprint Launch.... :)

2. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Re: enthusiastic training partners...

I love that Debsie, I can just imagine the scene, just great. Helen xx

3. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

That is brilliant,blimey a launch mid sprint would have been something to see :D its fantastic you can combine your favorite things....your dogs and training,heaven x

4. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Sounds very very energetic Debsie , good for you and the dogs too , that must have been great fun :)

5. David

David Registered Users

Fantastic! Can't do any of that sort of thing these days - knees are shot. :eek:

6. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Oh how fantastic - I think it's just brilliant when you find something that your dog(s) really love(s)! Would have loved to see it, and can just imagine Broderick crouching down ready for the command! REEEEADDDYYYY.... GO!!!!!!!!!!! :D

7. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Yikes!!! Now we need to see a video of THAT!!! :D

8. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Ha, that's great. He's probably thinking 'OMG! I never knew they could RUN PROPERLY!!!'.