Ezydog CHECKMATE collar

Discussion in 'Products and supplies for puppies' started by sun4day, Jan 17, 2017.

1. sun4day

sun4day Registered Users

Good evening. I have 9 months old lab and I want to find a perfect collar, because his collar is getting tighter and tighter :) Also my lab loves to pull the leash and I'm still working on that. The biggest issue that dog always knows how to get away from the collar and runs away. I wanted to buy the harness, but he is a little too young for that and will pull the leash even more. So, what do you think about Ezydog CHECKMATE collar for daily walking? Thank you for answers and sorry for my bad English :)

2. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Martingale collars are a bit rubbish - they are not as punishing as some collars, but are still punishing. They are not a good thing to use on a puppy.

Your puppy is not too young to wear a good fitting back fastening harness. It won't make him pull more. Only no or ineffective training will make him pull more.

3. sun4day

sun4day Registered Users

Thank you for answer :) I had K9 harness, but it didn't work out well for my dog. At training school I was told to not use it, better go back at using the collar.

4. sun4day

sun4day Registered Users

When he uses the collar, he walks on loose leash more. But I'm afraid about getting away from his collar and running away...