Finally Rocky barked;)

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Overread-tobe-labowner, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Overread-tobe-labowner

Overread-tobe-labowner Registered Users

Now that we kind of are getting a routine on house training , concentrating more on socialization. We went to daughters day care, shopping mall, parks . But the best was hanging out with apartment complex cleaning lady . She was kind enough to let a lady and dog hang around when she did her job:) Here in US , these things are not normal;) I have never seen anyone carrying a puppy for socialization ;) I must look silly. Anyhow, coming back to Topic- I was windering why Rocky never barked , today I switched on the tv, and I heard him bark for first time:) there was a big dog on screen.. Lol. It was his first time watching tv

https://flic.kr/p/xQfgT1

2. Jane Martin

Jane Martin Registered Users

Nice to see you getting out and about. Don't get too excited about that bark!!!

3. Overread-tobe-labowner

I know , I definately do not want him to bark . He already has such sharp bark , can't imagine gow such sweet thing can make sucha big noise .Thank god he is quiet , it would have been a trouble since we live in apartment .

4. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Hehe, I remember when Willow first barked. She scared herself with it :D

My two aren't massive barkers, but a little more than I'd like. It's a work in progress ... along with many other things!!

5. Emily

Emily Registered Users

I love how cute and little their bark is to begin with!

It took Ella a couple of weeks to find her voice but once she did she barked at all sorts of things (people, dogs, TV remotes, jars of pasta sauce, a box of tissues etc.)! Thankfully this was just a phase and, with a little encouragement from us, she rarely barks now.

Enjoy each little step as it comes ☺

6. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Twiglet shouts at Tatze when Tatze doesn't want to play! (Poor Tatze just rolls over and waits 'till the noise stops)

The first time she barked apart from that was at the doorbell yesterday - Tatze was so surprised she forgot to bark herself!

Twiglet's brother, Rossi, is a barker! He barks a LOT! We were having a coffee the other day in a cafe and as soon as he got bored 'wooof wooof' I felt very pleased Twiglet doesn't do that!!

7. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Juno rarely barks :D, takes us by surprise when she does and it's quite deep as well which takes us even more by surprise :D

8. Pilatelover

Pilatelover Registered Users

My girl never barked until recently, she barks when she wants to play or at toddlers that have a high decibel level.

9. Overread-tobe-labowner

It is so nice to hear about your pets. Each one so different from another. Rocky was sick yesterday , diarrhea in the middle of the night and went on til early hours . called the vet first thing in the morning and she said , it is quite normal especially now that he has started going to garden . I was asked to add pumpkin with kibbles, he is not a fan but we will see how he responds . No poop yet from morning.

10. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Harley goes through stages of barking. When she was younger she hardly barked which was great Now she barks in the car, every time she hears someone coming to our house and if she sees headlights outside when it's dark We are working on all of these!

11. Raven12

Raven12 Registered Users

Jura definitely barks! Her breeder warned us when we picked her up that apparently she found her voice around 6 weeks old, and by 8 weeks when she came to us was happy to demonstrate this. Thankfully it has reduced but every now and again we get a day where she decides to remind us how vocal she can be!

12. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Obi likes to use his voice at every opportunity. He does a kind of Humpback Whale impression if he gets bored. Glad I'm not the only one with a chatterbox :)

13. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Lilly really didn't start barking much until she was 3 or thereabouts, and since then, she has barked more. Very very rarely if we are out (with the exception of dangerous "new" things aka silent bird-scarers on HER walk). Inside, however, she will bark at anyone who comes to the door, or shuts car doors at odd times of the night, outside our front. She does seem to know when someone is strange though. Doesn't bark when someone familar comes to the door. Or when it is our neighbours car, Think she has a crystal ball somewhere in her furry pants.

14. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Charlie doesn't bark - not at doorbells, cars drawing up, nothing like that.

He has started making A LOT of noise when the car stops for a walk - it's not really barking though. More of an annoyingly loud whine that is about to be a bark. I'd rather he just barked, to be honest. :rolleyes: I'm trying to do the "no-one moves until the dog is quiet" thing (again.....).

Apart from that, in the morning he sounds like an entire pod of whales: moaning, yawning very loudly with a strange doggie cat meow, long grunts....all responded to (with the same sound) by OH from the bathroom as he has his shower/shave.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

15. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I think we need a recording....

16. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Haha - that would be fun....it's a toss up who sounds more ridiculous - OH or Charlie....

17. Mylestogo

Mylestogo Registered Users

Myles only barks during a zoomie run or if he REALLY wants a dog/human to play with him. So far he is quiet with doorbells, other dogs barking, noises, etc. But he definitely has it in him to become a barker... according to his breeder he was her "talker" in the litter. :rolleyes: