First jabs for Willow

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by snowbunny, Oct 13, 2014.

1. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

We're just back from the vet. Willow had her first jabs and her microchip fitted. She squealed for the vaccination, but not for the chip, even though the needle is HUGE for that one! I think she was more interested in getting to the treats she'd found in the vet's pocket :D

Next step is registering her with the government tomorrow - very official! - and then just waiting for her second set of jabs and rabies injection. She has her passport already so if we need to cross the border at any point, she's fit to come with us :)

2. Loopyloo30

Loopyloo30 Registered Users

Re: First jabs for Willow

Well done brave Willow!

Bob had his first jabs today too! He squealed as well... about 30 seconds after the jab took place. I gave him lots of treats. Quick question, has Willow slept much this afternoon? Bob has basically been sleeping since about 4pm! Other than dinnertime and some wees outside. Wondering if it's a side effect?!

Lou x

3. snowbunny

She only had her jabs at 6pm, didn't get back until gone 7, then dinner, a mad play and she's now sleeping. She was awake for a couple of hours while we were out, so I can't say I noticed anything different in her behaviour to what I'd normally expect. Maybe someone else who had their jabs earlier in the day would be able to comment?

How funny that he yelped after the event! Maybe he was after sympathy treats :)

4. Leanangle

Leanangle Registered Users

[quote author=Loopyloo30 link=topic=8253.msg116576#msg116576 date=1413223280]
    Well done brave Willow!

Bob had his first jabs today too! He squealed as well... about 30 seconds after the jab took place. I gave him lots of treats. Quick question, has Willow slept much this afternoon? Bob has basically been sleeping since about 4pm! Other than dinnertime and some wees outside. Wondering if it's a side effect?!

Lou x
    [/quote]

Thats normal, dont forget Bob has had an injection of a very mild strain of virus's. We probably would'nt feel to great after that.

5. Loopyloo30

Bob ate his dinner (@5.30pm) and basically went straight to sleep afterwards and has been all lethargic ever since. My only worry is we need to get him outside to do a poo now and also at around 11pm otherwise we could have an accident tonight. We've been doing a bit of research, think he has a temperature too, his nose is a bit warm and dry :(

Sorry to hijack your post snowbunny, but we are a bit worried about Bob now!

Lou x

6. snowbunny

Aw, poor Bob. Give him lots of snuggles from us and licks from Willow x

7. Loopyloo30

[quote author=Loopyloo30 link=topic=8253.msg116592#msg116592 date=1413225008]
    Sorry to hijack your post snowbunny, but we are a bit worried about Bob now!
    [/quote]

I gave him an ice cube to lick just now and he has really perked up since then... :)
    Lou x

8. Loopyloo30

[quote author=snowbunny link=topic=8253.msg116604#msg116604 date=1413227764]
    Aw, poor Bob. Give him lots of snuggles from us and licks from Willow x
    [/quote]

Thanks hun xxx

9. Naya

Naya Registered Users

After had her first and second jabs she slept for hours and hours after. The next day she was still a bit sleepy, but ok by the afternoon. They all react differently, same as humans after the flu jab