First night not the best...

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by snowbunny, Oct 6, 2014.

1. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

... But not because of Willow. She was great. We put her to bed at midnight and got up every two and a half hours to take her outside. No messes, she only had a wee each time, no poos. There was a little crying each time she went back to her crate, but that was only a few minutes until she settled. She was all we could hope for. I didn't realise how much it would tug the heart strings knowing she was scared and lonely. But I stayed strong and let her self-soothe.

But, the reason it wasn't a good night was that yesterday late evening I developed a nasty stomach bug, so "slept" as best I could on the bathroom floor. Hubby has woken with it, too. So we're both feeling a little sorry for ourselves this morning when we should be enjoying our first morning with Willow. Still, she's getting plenty of cuddles and play, just a little more gently than usual. Hope it passes quickly and we can enjoy her to the max.

I checked and it seems she's not susceptible to our bugs, is this everyone else's experience, too?

2. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Re: First night not the best...

She won't catch a stomach bug from you :)

So sorry to hear you're both unwell though. You're probably both feeling utterly drained, you poor things. I hope you are both much better soon!

Great to hear that your little girl did so well on her first night :)

3. Joy

Joy Registered Users

Sorry you're unwell. Hope you can get some rest today. Glad Willow had a good night.

4. Leanangle

Leanangle Registered Users

Dont worry, you wont pass your tummy troubles on to Willow. Sorry to hear you had a rough night. How is Willow btw? Is she eating ok?

I had the dreaded colliewobbles the same week I bought Bouncer home, wierdly.

Hope you feel better soon.

5. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Well done Willow :) sounds like she did really well for her first night :)
    Hope you and your hubby feel better soon x

6. David

David Registered Users

What bad luck. I hope it all clears up really quickly so you can get on with enjoying little Willow - lovely name.

7. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Oh what a shame,hope you are feeling better today,puppy cuddles are the best medicine x

8. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Oh what a shame for you both :(
    I do hope it is just a 24 hr thing. You want to be able to enjoy your beautiful girl.

9. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Oh no!

Get well soon.

Thank goodness Willow was a good pupster!

10. snowbunny

[quote author=Leanangle link=topic=8143.msg115017#msg115017 date=1412577346]
    How is Willow btw? Is she eating ok?
    [/quote]

She's a little angel! Ate her dinner without hesitation last night and same at breakfast this morning. Poos are looking firm and healthy (always a good indicator, I think). She's currently snoozing on my feet.

Thanks for the reassurance about not passing the bug on to Willow. I didn't think it was possible, but with it happening such early days, I just had a panic.

11. Mollly

Mollly Registered Users

Message for Willow. You are a Good Girl. But your humans have rubbish timing.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

12. snowbunny

[quote author=Mollly link=topic=8143.msg115049#msg115049 date=1412580769]

[/quote]

Haha, she is very much aware she is a Good Girl. She gets told approximately every 30 seconds, interspersed with "Who's a beautiful girl? Are you a beautiful girl? Yes, you ARE a beautiful girl!!" :D

13. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Oh dear, not very good timing at all! Sounds like Willow is settling in a treat, make sure you humans take care, lots of fluids and rest when you can :)

14. Kirriegirl

Kirriegirl Registered Users

Oh poor you! Horrible at the best of times, but you could really do without it right now :(
    I hope Willow continues her angelic behaviour at least until you are both feeling 100% :D

15. Leanangle

Leanangle Registered Users

[quote author=snowbunny link=topic=8143.msg115056#msg115056 date=1412581654]
    [quote author=Mollly link=topic=8143.msg115049#msg115049 date=1412580769]

[/quote]

Haha, she is very much aware she is a Good Girl. She gets told approximately every 30 seconds, interspersed with "Who's a beautiful girl? Are you a beautiful girl? Yes, you ARE a beautiful girl!!" :D
    [/quote]

Aha, she has you under her spell so when she metormorphosis's into CrocoPup you will be even more shocked. ;)

Glad she is settling in, bet you cant stop sniffing her? New pup smell is just amazing.

16. snowbunny

[quote author=Leanangle link=topic=8143.msg115190#msg115190 date=1412614711]
    Aha, she has you under her spell so when she metormorphosis's into CrocoPup you will be even more shocked. ;)
    [/quote]
    We've had crocopup on the toes with socks on. When they're naked, she's fine (for now), but she sees socks and, CHOMP!

[quote author=Leanangle link=topic=8143.msg115190#msg115190 date=1412614711]
    Glad she is settling in, bet you cant stop sniffing her? New pup smell is just amazing.
    [/quote]

Except when she trumps. That's pretty special.

17. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Hope you're both feeling better now and that Willow has a good night tonight. She sounds great!

18. Mollly

Mollly Registered Users

Hope second night is more restful.

19. snowbunny

Feeling much better today, thanks! Willow's second night was even better than her first. There was a tiny bit of crying each time I put her back, but no howling at all. She settled really quickly. I increased time between wees to 2hr45 and, whilst she was awake each time, she was very quiet and peaceful with no messes. What a star!

20. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Fantastic. You're doing a great job :)