first time dog owner

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by lynnelogan, Apr 10, 2013.

1. lynnelogan

lynnelogan Registered Users

after many many years of having a very bad fear of dogs, decided i would get a labrador puppy, after many months of reserch me my 23 year old son whos as always wanted a dog , chose our puppy, he was born on the 18th of dec, we met him on the 4th jan, we went to see him every week untill he was able to come to his new home at 8 weeks old, he will be 4 month on the 18th, I must say ihave had many tears, having never had a dog in over 50 years, After many of nos nos nos with the biting and chewing i can finally say he as started to understand me, i am now going to have so much pleasure and fun with jasper, today is the first time i have joined the site, look forward to chatting to other dog owners, many thanks

Attached Files:

2. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

Re: first time dog owner

Hi Lynne!

Welcome to you and to Jasper :D

Pippa

3. lynnelogan

thank you pippa, , love the site

4. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Hello and welcome from me and Sam too .
    Oh those early puppy days can be so hard , I used to say that any pup I had must have thought its name was NO :)
    It is just lovely when you suddenly realise that the penny is dropping and you start to really bond , Jasper sounds lovely, what colour is he ?

5. lynnelogan

thank you to you both for the welcome,he is black , i have put a pic on of him that i took at 6 45 this morn, i will post more pics soon, i am very consitent, i am disabled so i am at home most of the time, how ever i do put him in his cage about 4 times a week for an hour, just then if i do need to go out, he will be fine in the cage, i live back to back with a feild so i am able to take him on there with his ball for a run, them my son takes him out for his evening walk when hes home from work, i just getting the bond now, i am going to love this fella, it as been a massive step for me to take, allways having fear of dogs to the extent of not being able to walk down the street in fear i would see a dog, he is a very very good boy, how olds sam

6. kateincornwall

Sam is 21 months also black and the most laid back dog I`ve ever owned and I have had gundogs before, just love the character of Labs, so pleased that you have overcome your fear Lynne :)

7. lynnelogan

thank you just seen a photo of sam he is beautiful, how do i post a photo please

8. kateincornwall

Hi Lynne , do you have a photobucket account ? If so , copy and paste the code link to here ( says she sounding very techy and I`m not ) :)

9. lynnelogan

mmmmmm dont think i have one of them, but i did manage to put a photo on my profile, many thanks

10. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Hi Lynne
    Welcome to you and Jasper from me an Lilly :)

jacqui

11. lynnelogan

thank you, i have joined phot bucket so can now share photos

12. jade805

jade805 Registered Users

Welcome, I am a first time dog owner of a yellow 10 week old. I hear you about the tears and the biting! Glad to know it might settle soon!

13. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Welcome! It's wonderful that you have welcomed a dog into your life and that you are really enjoying him :)

14. lynnelogan

2thank you for the replys, love this site xx