Fluorescent toys?

Discussion in 'Products and supplies for puppies' started by harrilou, Oct 22, 2014.

1. harrilou

harrilou Registered Users

I take Molly, our 6 month old black lab for a walk when I get home from work at about 5.45pm but its now dark before we have finished. We've ordered Molly a flashing collar as I can hardly see her sometimes but was wondering if anyone can recommend any suitable flashing/fluorescent or glow in the dark toys. Molly loves chasing sticks etc but tonight we took her rope toy & she struggled at times to find it (& so did I when she dropped it on the way home a couple of times).

Any suggestions please

2. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Re: Fluorescent toys?

I brought a ball from pets at home for £3 which lights up and flashes when it makes contact with so etching or when it is shook. Harley loves it :)

3. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

I am so totally hysterical about batteries - after seeing first hand the damage they can do to a dog's mouth, was pretty horrified to see the pets at home glow balls have batteries in them.

Honestly, make sure you are happy with the safety before you give a dog a toy with batteries in it. Any type of battery - the lithium batteries are even worse than alkaline batteries.

4. harrilou

harrilou Registered Users

I must admit I am worried about anything with batteries in. I was hoping to find some fluorescent toys but can't find anything. We do have a Pets At Home near us so I will look at the Pets At Home ball and see what its like.