food

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Tina eley, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Tina eley

Tina eley Registered Users

Hi there when is it best to change my 8 montyh old lab to junior food he is on James well beloved dry food thanks.

2. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Re: food

Hi , I changed my lad to adult food at around 6 months old , so any time between now and roughly ten months/ one year is fine :)

3. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

You mention changing to junior - so presumably you are still on puppy? It really depends on the brand if you are doing puppy - junior - adult.

The guidelines for James Wellbeloved are here:http://www.wellbeloved.com/ideal-bodyweight/dog-feeding-guides

And they say for a dog on puppy and a "medium" adult size expected, the feeding guide is puppy to 6 months, and junior to 10 months. But if large, it is junior from 12 to 14 months - unless you switch to large breed junior in which case it's different again...

I asked my vet in the end...and swapped Charlie from junior to adult at about 13 months, but he was on a completely different brand.

4. Tina eley

Tina eley Registered Users

Thank you Julie T isn't it confusing. I might now give him junior up to the age of 1 then put him on adult james wellbeloved and hope it's more filling for him, thanks for the input