Found a Labrador yesterday

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Karen, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Karen

Karen Registered Users

A middle-aged, lovely friendly black bitch, wandering along our street, bit hot and thirsty, and clearly lost. I called her in to our garden, gave her a drink, and let her snuffle around with Poppy. There was a tag on her collar, with a registration number at TASSO (a Central European agency for registering animals), so I called it and the nice people there (all volunteers, I believe) were able to tell me where she came from, and even her name! So I was able to reunite her with her delighted and grateful owners quickly and with the minimum of fuss or distress. :)

Just a reminder - always make sure you have a number on your dog's collar, where you can be reached quickly and easily!!

2. lynnelogan

lynnelogan Registered Users

Re: Found a Labrador yesterday

thank goodness he met you :) lovely that he was reunited with his owners, :) i bet poppy loved her new friend :)

3. Maggie68

Maggie68 Registered Users

That's great you found him, and he got back to his owners. x

4. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Phew, thank goodness you came accross her Karen , lovely that she was soon reunited too , love a happy ending :)

5. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Lucky she found you and lucky she was registered :)

Just out of interest - how widespread is microchipping in the UK and the rest of Europe?

6. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Gosh makes me shudder to think what could have happened....

I'm not sure of the LAW in England but every dog I knowvin the Uk is microchipped.

A dog that is being imported to the UAE must be microchipped but I must check if that is mandatory for all dogs here.We have to register dogs at the Municipality,similar to the body that Laren mentioned,all your details are registered against the tag and can be matched if a dog is lost or found.

7. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Right, off to get a tag for Charlie....haven't got round to it (although done the microchip), but will do it today.

8. lynnelogan

lynnelogan Registered Users

in 2015 it will be law to microchip dogs in the uk,......i think thats the year,.....most dogs that i know are chipped,.....its very cheap to get it done in the uk

9. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Great to have a happy ending... Microchipping is catching on here but it's certainly not a majority of dogs who have it done. Especially in a small town like mine. Likely there's more of it in the big cities.

10. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

In most states here is it mandatory to have all dogs (and cats) microchipped, either by 12 weeks or 6 months of age (depends on the state).