1. WELCOME

To join the conversation, please register. It only takes a minute!

Frustrated looking for certain type crate/carrier design

Discussion in 'Products for dogs & their owners' started by joker2008, Oct 10, 2018.

1. joker2008

joker2008 Registered Users

Good Evening All,
    This summer I brought home a new family. A beautiful 8 week old female lab. She is white with yellow markings. When I first brought Yuki home I purchased a Petmate 28 inch Ultimate or Vari kennel not sure which now. I knew when I bought it I was going to have to buy another and that isnt the problem. The problem is that I found the crate that I want and I will post the image here to give you an idea of it but the largest the crate comes in is a 35 and what I am being told is that I will probably need a 40 inch for her. I love the design on this one the door as some people would say on the side. Its large and open to me easy access.
    My questions are the following:

1) Will she really need a 40 inch or will the 35 work?
    2) If this is too small is there any where to find something with this type design?

[​IMG]

2. Elsie

Elsie Registered Users

I think the crate size will depend on its purpose? Our indoor crate is quite long as she sleeps in it at night and needs to stretch-out in it for the whole night. But our car / travel crate (TransK9), is 33 inches long and our lab is definitely comfortable with this measurement. She can lie down in it and turn around in it. The height might be a factor too? The TransK9 is 30 inches high. Hope this helps?

3. joker2008

4. joker2008

I was looking up at transk9 and from what i saw for my vehicle it would be about 930 does that sound right to you. Am I looking at the right thing?