Fun at the CLA Game Fair!!

Discussion in 'Events' started by charlie, Jul 20, 2014.

1. charlie

charlie Registered Users

David, Thomas and I had a great time at the CLA Game Fair on Saturday, well worth the money as there is so much to see.

I was sorry to miss the Place Boarding demonstration but there is only so much dog stuff you can drag a 14 year boy to when all he wanted to do was get to the Fishing lake and demonstrations ::) never mind.

We did however see the Clumber Spaniel demonstration which was a great sight, they really are beautiful, well mannered and sociable dogs :) After the demonstration we tracked down Heidrun and introduced ourselves and to our surprise she didn't try to make a run for it ;D we made all our apologies for being right royal pains in the backside with our endless questions on training Charlie, but also thanked her for all her help too :)

I hope if you went you had a great time too :) xxx

2. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

Re: Fun at the CLA Game Fair!!

How lovely you and Heidrun got to meet.

I had a lovely time on Friday and managed too meet up with Pippa. It's so lovely to meet people in person. I enjoyed the demos I saw and Mr Halsted jr gave a very impressive labrador demo while I was there.

The Clumbers were wonderful and I was completely covered in white hairs after plenty of cuddles ;D

3. Karen

Karen Registered Users

It sounds wonderful! Too bad I had to go back to Germany, and so missed all the fun!!

4. charlie

charlie Registered Users

There's always next year Karen and maybe a big forum meet could be arranged in the beer tent of course!!! xx

Barbara, that's great you got to meet Pippa, your right it's lovely to actually meet people that have helped so much and to be able to thank them. Glad you enjoyed it too xx

5. Karen

Karen Registered Users

That's a great idea Helen. If I knew in advance that others were going, I'd leave Poppy with Mum in Sussex and make the trip to see everyone! It sounds such fun.

6. charlie

charlie Registered Users

We will be sure to let you know well in advance next year Karen, it would be so lovely to meet you and as many people as possible xxx :) I will make a note in my diary and I
    won't forget - promise xx

7. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Sounds brilliant! 8)

8. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

That sounds fab. Sadly my OH may not think so ;D ;D ;D

9. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Leave him at home and join us ;D ;) x

10. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Definitely worth a thought.......
    I am sure Sophie would be up for it, but would need to drag Lilly along too as she wouldn't be safe at home with the boys ::) ::) ::)

11. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

I think it's in Yorkshire next year so get planning ;D

12. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Good grief might have to give that a miss then :( I seem to remember we went to a Game Fair at Broadlands, Romsey :-\ x

13. heidrun

heidrun Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Had a wonderful time at the CLA, but I'm only just starting to recover. :) Sadly Ziggy has tweaked something in his back and is on restricted exercise so he couldn't take part in the gundog display, but he had a great time greeting and meeting visitors at the Working Clumber Spaniel Society stand. ;D I took loads of photos, some can be seen on the society's Facebook page.
    Helen, thank you for finding me and stopping for a chat. It was lovely to meet you, David and Thomas! :D

14. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Poor Ziggy - hope his recovery is rapid! Need to check out those pics :)

15. Penny+Me

Penny+Me Registered Users

[quote author=charlie link=topic=7031.msg95966#msg95966 date=1405871934]
    There's always next year Karen and maybe a big forum meet could be arranged in the beer tent of course!!! xx
    [/quote]

Oh my goodness that's such a good idea!! A huge forum meet! Can we have our own tent? :D oh I'm excited about this already! :D

16. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

[quote author=bbrown link=topic=7031.msg96013#msg96013 date=1405883016]
    I think it's in Yorkshire next year so get planning ;D
    [/quote]

Oh I've just seen this thread,I'm in,I'm in! It would be brilliant to have a Get together,think en masse though we'd definately make Heidrun run!!! ;D

17. charlie

charlie Registered Users

[quote author=heidrun link=topic=7031.msg96407#msg96407 date=1406018345]
    Had a wonderful time at the CLA, but I'm only just starting to recover. :) Sadly Ziggy has tweaked something in his back and is on restricted exercise so he couldn't take part in the gundog display, but he had a great time greeting and meeting visitors at the Working Clumber Spaniel Society stand. ;D I took loads of photos, some can be seen on the society's Facebook page.
    Helen, thank you for finding me and stopping for a chat. It was lovely to meet you, David and Thomas! :D
    [/quote]

It was lovely to meet you and Ziggy too Heidrun. I really hope Ziggy is recovering, I was so looking forward to seeing the lovely young man in action but you need him fit and well for the shooting season. xxx

I forgot to mention Thomas was so interested in meeting the Clumbers as they are a rare breed and he thought they were beautiful, he also enjoyed you sharing your knowledge with him and explaining the breed but now he would like one, somehow I don't think so ;D x