Getting "help" in the garden

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by David, Nov 18, 2011.

1. David

David Registered Users

Lady loves to help me in the garden. Earlier in the week it was putting up a fruit cage. It took about twice as long as usual and not just retrieving components and poles that she had removed. I find I just can't refuse a game with her. Such a time waster, but good company.

Today was filling a raised bed with soil and compost, some of which was bagged. I must say she is VERY accomplished at unbagging compost. I just wish she would do it where it's wanted and not mainly scattered under the trailer where it's really difficult to get out! ;)

2. Sammie@labforumHQ

Sammie@labforumHQ Administrator Staff Member

Re: Getting "help" in the garden

Hi David,

Now that's a nice mental picture - Lady unbagging compost in the wrong places - reminds me of gardening with my three year old. Again, good company, but not productive!

3. caroleb

caroleb Registered Users

Re: Getting "help" in the garden

that made me smile David. Rusty's other name is "mole" he likes to help dig new borders where none were before. He also very helpfully "retrieved" the new ceonothus my friend Rog had planted in his garden and brought it inside! To protect it from frost obviously! He's very enthusiastic as a gardener and now even answers to "mole" and "bloody dog" he's heard it so often!