Goldie pre-treat exercise

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Lisa L, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Lisa L

Lisa L Registered Users

Just a wee cute moment i though i would share:

The other night i handed Goldie a pigs ear (her fav) by the back door. Id imagine in not true labrador fashion...she sprinted like Usain Bolt round the house (in the garden) not only once but 3 times, stopped and changed direction and did a lap in the other direction. Finally stopped and munched it up. I was laughing so hard ;D

Maybe if i sprinted 4 laps of the house before i had a snack id have a waist like hers :-\

2. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Re: Goldie pre-treat exercise

I can totally see her doing that ....Dexter does the same in the garden....he's not getting a pigs ear though,I like to think just joie de vivre! ;Hope Goldie's first season passes ok,I can't help with any advice....sorry x

3. Karen

Karen Registered Users

I love it when they do that butt-tucking thing around the garden... Poppy does it RIGHT ON THE EDGE of the pond, almost but not quite falling in! Little minx :)

4. lynnelogan

lynnelogan Registered Users

karen that made me laugh.....i thought it was just jasper that did that,,,,always does it when he sees my son :)

5. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Sam does it too, but only very occasionally, he likes to think he is far too sensible to do stuff like that, but then it gets the better of him ;D

6. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Lilly is not a butt-tucker at all - her hips maybe?
    What she does do though, usually with one of the large rawhide bones, is chuck it around for a couple of minutes then roll around on it. :eek:
    Clearly a good back scratcher. Must be SO uncomfortable!
    Therefter will eat 2/3 of it in garden - maybe an hour or so - then hide the end. Maybe in the garden, but sometimes under her beanbag in the house - ugghh!
    Jac

7. Karen

Karen Registered Users

We just noticed omne of Poppy's left over bones ON THR ROOF... Any guesses, anyone?? :eek:

8. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Simba loves a mad romp around the yard too!! And the toss the toy and roll on it! Funny! Wonder if a bird got that bone?? How big is it??

Today's laugh - we have a strawberry patch with some berries that are ripening. Mark picked a couple, we ate them....Simba promptly rooted around, found a berry, neatly snipped it off with his teeth, and ate it.

Any bets on if any of the berries (or plants, for that matter) will be there when we get back? ::)

9. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

[quote author=Karen link=topic=1913.msg15578#msg15578 date=1373056781]
    We just noticed omne of Poppy's left over bones ON THR ROOF... Any guesses, anyone?? :eek:
    [/quote]
    ROFL. Crows????

Butt-tucking is a big Labrador thing. My first dog was a frequent butt-tucker and needed no provocation. Obi reserves butt-tucking for truly celebratory moments.

10. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Got to be birds Karen.....but blimey they must hatch Em big around your way :D

Always looking for the positive slant me Lisa.....so what,maybe the plants will have had some special Simba' attention' when you get back....but think of the amount of pruning time he will have saved you!all those extra moments to devote to dog training! X

11. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Yes, crows are my guess too for the marrow bone stuck in the gutter... Must send OH up on the ladder today to get it down, before the neighbours start to talk. ;)

My old boy Bones was a great butt-tucker too, did it just a couple of days before he died because he was so happy to see my daughter... :)

Love the story of Simba with the strawberries... The first lab I ever had, Leo, used to pick blackberries and eat them!

12. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

[quote author=Karen link=topic=1913.msg15614#msg15614 date=1373098082]
    My old boy Bones was a great butt-tucker too, did it just a couple of days before he died because he was so happy to see my daughter... :)
    [/quote]
    What an excellent memory to have. Tear-inducing, but still excellent.

13. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Ya, not too worried about the plants. I mean, don't really want to lose them all but can plant again, right??