Good breeder near northern Illinois

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Pmsmith2032, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Pmsmith2032

Pmsmith2032 Registered Users

I am looking for a good breeder near northern Illinois (within 6 hours or so). I have had labs all my life and we currently have a chocolate female that is 10. She has been the best dog I've ever had and I can't imagine having a better companion for our kids as they'be grown up. Unfortunately she has bad hips and doesn't get around like she use to. So we're looking for a "friend" for her. We definitely want another chocolate female and would like to get one in late May/June. Here is what we are looking for in order of importance:
    1. Disposition - we would like another dog that is great around family. Our lab now doesn't have a mean bone in her body and we'd like the same with our new dog.
    2. Healthy - we would like to try to avoid any medical problems (especially the hips). Our current lab didn't certified hips. I know that there are no guarantees.
    3. Hunting - she will be taken pheasnt hunting a couple times a year and I may try to get her out duck/goose hunting too.
    4. Appearance - we like the taller leaner labs but this is low on the priority list. And courses coats.
    The only other factor is that both my wife and son have allergies. I don't know if any specific types of labs are better for that. The dog will not be shown or compete so that is not a factor. Thanks!

2. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Hello and welcome to the forum. Most of the members here are from the UK, although we're getting more and more from across the pond, so hopefully someone will be able to help you out.